What's for dinner, Sunday, February 4, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DampCharcoal said:
Hey, Mud! It's awful nice to see you too! :cool: She invites y'all over, huh? *checking mailbox* Nope, not there. *checking e-mail* Not there either. Hm. I'll bring a crockpot of lil' smokies! Eh? Eh?
Come on already the door is always open for my DC buddies:LOL:

kadesma

Super Bowl snack food - I'm sure there will be way too much. I'm taking a couple stuffed sandwiches (broccoli, Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, spring onions, sweet/hot mustard, lemon juice).

abjcooking said:
Orange Roasted Chicken, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, fruit plate, and dinner rolls.

abj....can you tell me more about your Orange Roasted Chicken......it sounds really good.

Sure Sizzlin

I stuffed the cavity with apples, oranges, onion, and thyme. Then tied it up. Drizzled with a little butter and evoo mixture on top with some salt and peper.

While the bird was roasting I made a mixture of 2 T. honey, 2 T. frozen orange juice concentrate and about 2 t. thyme. I used this to baste the chicken torwards the last 20 minutes or so of cooking.

While the chicken was resting I simmered a mixture of 1 cup chicken broth, 1 T. frozen orange, 2 t. cornstarch that had been dissolved in 2 t. cold water, pinch of sugar. I decided to added a little of the drippings from the chicken, but you don't need to. Then used this mixture to drizzle on the chicken after it was cut up.

I served with cranberry relish

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom