What's for dinner, Sunday, February 4, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Easy supper, Jalapeno and chedder smoked sausages, w/fried onions and green peppers, cole slaw and oven Parms. fries. Making a chocolate pecan pie for dessert. "Happy Super Bowl" !! Frigid here !!

Super Bowl Sunday - lot's of snacky junk food for us. I better go get on the treadmill!!

Our Super Bowl supper will consist of chicken toritilla soup, Zingerman's sourdough bread, vegtables and dip, chili con queso dip, chips and a triple berry struedel for dessert.
I have to be at work tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. for a client meeting so I'll have to limit the alcohol!

Going to a friends house - lots of snacks - she ordered individual subs and someone is bringing chili. There will be so many good snacks, though - that is what I like!

I'm with you Toots on limiting the alcohol on this Super Bowl feast. I'm getting my teeth cleaned in the morning. But, I digress. Sorry!

I smoked a Boston butt yesterday to make shredded pork barbecue sandwiches. Also made a dozen hamburger buns for the sammies. Baking beans today. Have some chips and beers. That's enough for the two of us. There'll be plenty leftover barbecue and baked beans to freeze. Yum!

Any of you who have a hankerin for Chicken Kiev:chicken: , scurry on over to that post for it @ America's Test Kitchen. Gosh, it was just wonderful. I did my kiev butter different than they suggested, didn't matter. Such a good dinner!:w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:
CostCo had 3 pack of Pork Tenderloins for $1.99£. Letting one thaw right now on the front porch as the sun is shinin away out there. Didn't say it was warm:blink: , just that it was shining. I'll encrust it in a crumb mixture of flour, bread crumbs, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger,& rosemary after I burrow out a hole all the way through it and stuff the inside with apple pie filling then it'll get baked.
I got an electric wireless remote meat thermometer from DD for Christmas. It is crazy wonderful:clap: . You set the temp you want for the meat type you want, set the probe inside the meat, take the remote wherever you are, and it beeps when it's done. Attempting
Linda's Spaetzle since DH loves the stuff. Did it a couple of weeks ago using my potato ricer, what a mess, globs was more like it. It'll be attempted using another devise as soon as I figure out what that'd be, maybe a plastic bag with a tiny hole cut out of it at one end. It's gonna be another night of mushrooms too, simply cooked in butter than a tablespoon of VPSO at the end before the pepper jack manchego is shredded all over top.
Whoever you're rootin for, have a fun SuperBowl Day!:brows:

LEFSElover said:
Linda's Spaetzle since DH loves the stuff. Did it a couple of weeks ago using my potato ricer, what a mess, globs was more like it. It'll be attempted using another devise as soon as I figure out what that'd be, maybe a plastic bag with a tiny hole cut out of it at one end. It's gonna be another night of mushrooms too, simply cooked in butter than a tablespoon of VPSO at the end before the pepper jack manchego is shredded all over top.

I've seen two easy ways to make Spatzle from scratch. The first, easily done in a commercial kitchen, is to put a "full-size" steamer insert pan over a large stock pot of simmering water, then place some of the batter into the steamer pan, and using a rubber spat or similar tool, rub the batter through the holes into the simmering water. Do this in small batches, then use a spider to strain out the dumplings once they've cooked. All-Clad has a steamer insert, also with holes, that fits into one of their pans. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it's probably up there. It looks exactly like their flat-bottomed double-boiler insert, but has holes in the bottom for the steam.

Probably the "easiest" way to do this is go get a cheap plastic frisbee, and drill a bunch of 3/8" or 1/4" holes in the plastic, remove the "burrs", then repeat as above.

I'm making a Pork Roast tonight. Not sure about the veggies or starch.

Traditional wings for supper here. I'm planning on making 1/2 regular hot "buffalo" style, & 1/2 in a sweet-hot Asian style. Blue Cheese dressing & Creamy Yogurt-Cilantro dipping sauce on the side.

LEFSElover said:
Any of you who have a hankerin for Chicken Kiev:chicken: , scurry on over to that post for it @ America's Test Kitchen. Gosh, it was just wonderful. I did my kiev butter different than they suggested, didn't matter. Such a good dinner!:w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:
CostCo had 3 pack of Pork Tenderloins for $1.99£. Letting one thaw right now on the front porch as the sun is shinin away out there. Didn't say it was warm:blink: , just that it was shining. I'll encrust it in a crumb mixture of flour, bread crumbs, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger,& rosemary after I burrow out a hole all the way through it and stuff the inside with apple pie filling then it'll get baked.
I got an electric wireless remote meat thermometer from DD for Christmas. It is crazy wonderful:clap: . You set the temp you want for the meat type you want, set the probe inside the meat, take the remote wherever you are, and it beeps when it's done. Attempting

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe.asp?recipeids=3328&iSeason=7 Is this the recipe your referring to? What did you do differently? I'm not familiar with Tarragon so i don't know what flavor it has. When you can can you let me know by PMing me so we don't hijack this post ;)

Yesterdays dinner is turning into todays instead. We ended up venturing out yesterday and ate at Steak & Shake while we were out.

I'm having just 3 or 4 people over for the game, we'll have a variety of pick up food. I'm making my family's favorite chicken fingers, homemade with fresh breadcrumbs. Then barbecued cocktail meatballs, a cheese and pepperoni tray, & Sicilian olives and nachos. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

My team is not in the game, hasn't been since '69 (go JETS in 2008!), so I'll be happy for whoever wins.

Football here today as well. lemon pepper wings, avocado dip and sliced baguette, My take a loaf of french bread, cut as if for slice of toast, keeping the bottom uncut, then stuff each slit with goodies, today I'm stuffing with roasted peppers,garlic,pepper jack cheese, avocado,first brushing each slice with evoo, small anti pasto tray, salami,cheese, mortadella, peppers,olives, shrimp and cocktail sauce, pot of chilli made with top sirloin, hot dog and buns, chips,,and better than cake...gee think we have enough?:ROFLMAO: I meant to say that with the stuffed bread, I foil it and place in oven to het hot and melt the cheese, will add avocado after it's hot.
kadesma

Last edited:
The boy is sick so I made a quick dinner; GoodLife Butternut Squash Roast (frozen thingie) then I mashed some sweet potatos and had steamed asparagus. Very tasty.

Hey, Mud! It's awful nice to see you too! :cool: She invites y'all over, huh? *checking mailbox* Nope, not there. *checking e-mail* Not there either. Hm. I'll bring a crockpot of lil' smokies! Eh? Eh?

Back
Top Bottom