What's for dinner Sunday, January 14, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Katie, that sounds great. I usually put tomatoe sauce over my pot roast too, but your recipe sounds alot better. Thanks for replying.

It's very cold here and I was talking to DH about Louisiana comfort foods so I decided to cook some Fried chicken, mashed taters, gravy and cream style corn, biscuits and made some heavenly hash for dessert. I can't wait to dig in.

Tonights dinner was very simple...hot dogs and tater tots. I wasn't really in the mood to cook anything so I just threw the tots in the oven and the hot dogs in the toaster oven. It's been very warm down here so it was kind of like a summer cook out! (minus the grill):)

Since Mr. Breezy & I both have colds, dinner tonight was a nice big pot of homemade Chinese Hot & Sour Soup. Lots of tofu, shrimp, shitake & cloud ear mushrooms, tiger lily buds, bamboo shoots, bok choy, chili/garlic sauce, rice & red wine vinegars, freshly ground black pepper, & soy sauce - all steeped in chicken broth. Plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Definitely good for whatever ails ya - lol!!!!

Hi Breezy, Your Chinese Hot and Sour Soup sounds so good. Would you consider sharing your recipe? Thanks

we had a simplish meal tonight. I cooked a selection of vegetables in a wok (ok I cheated we have a big bag of mixed frozen veggies but they're so good!) and we heated up a piece of quiche each. Nice combination ;)

I got home from work around 2ish. DH didn't expect me so he was lounging in his robe watching the game. OOOOH caught! hahahah.
He had gotten pizza for himself the day before and had that for lunch. I had a double slice, felt so guilty I could croak so I added to my dinner broccoli and cauliflower steamed.
He had dry cheerios as the milk was gone:mad:

Sure thing Stinker!! I'll post it tomorrow over on the "Soup" forum. Or maybe "Ethnic"? One or the other. I'll let you know. It's definitely terrific anytime, but particularly when you're under the weather. And it's also a soup that can easily be tweaked into a completely vegetarian version that's just as good.

Back
Top Bottom