What's for dinner? Sunday, January 25th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Where is everyone? No dinner tonight?:ohmy:

Sorry to disappoint you, Uncle Bob, but I have leftover fried chicken from yesterday. I'll have that tonight and some other sides. I'm considering making some cake mix cookies to have for a sweet.

What's everyone else doing?

Where is everyone? No dinner tonight?:ohmy:

Sorry to disappoint you, Uncle Bob, but I have leftover fried chicken from yesterday. I'll have that tonight and some other sides. I'm considering making some cake mix cookies to have for a sweet.

What's everyone else doing?
I was going to say the same thing!

I'm making Mark a pork chop, not sure how, as of yet. Probably with Cr. of Mushroom soup and baked in the oven... mashed sweet potatoes and a vegetable.

I'm having an artichoke-stuffed chicken breast with baked cauliflower on the side.

I had leftover red beans and rice for lunch, I'm still stuffed so I'll probably just throw a frozen pizza in for the kids.

Cold Chied Fricken huh! Well, you could make some minner & cheese sammiches -- maybe some tator salad -- stuff some Chicken Fruit, and have a Picnic!! :chef:

Me, I already had my Sunday dinner....Swimp Creole over a little rice. Some Salad, and po-man's french bread. Oooo and the very last piece of German's Chocolate Cake....

For supper...I dunno...nuttin much I guess. --- Chocolate Cream later for sure!;)

I have a large chuck roast in the oven with carrots, celery. Going to have roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and peas for dinner. I'll take the leftover roast and make beef/veg soup tomorrow. I made lemon bars for dessert.

We're having company to dinner....sooooooo, I made some appetizers.....I had some leftover boiled chicken from stock that I made yesterday. I chopped the ch. up, added some herbs d'province, a little olive oil; a bit of balsamic; some mayo and some chopped up fresh basil and mint.....I stuffed this into cocktail tomatoes.....deelish....who knows if I'll be able to do it again the same way!!!LOL
I made a potato soup; a brisket (yesterday) it'll taste that much better today; a green bean/cheese/cracker casserole and some store bought potato/onion perogy. Also doing a store bought tiramasu.....so, most homemade, some cheating.....

I am not sure what I am having for dinner. Leftovers, maybe or Chip-n-Chili pie? I don't know!! All I know is that Alix's banana oatmeal muffins are in the oven and one of those will be dessert, if I can wait that long.

Roast pork, 4 cheese mashed potatoes, mixed fruit.

Oh... and seasoned roasted onion quarters..

just cut the onion into wedges, drizzle with olive oil, season with seasoned salt and allow to roast along with the meat on a rack.. Wonderful..sweet, with crusty edges..

Snow crab clusters were on sale for $4.99/lb. so we have two clusters to steam and dip in butter. I'm going to make clam chowder and green salads to go with them, and we have vanilla ice cream and brownies left over from last night.

so last night about 5:00 pm I completely changed what I was going to fix for dinner and we liked it so well I am doing it on purpose tonight.

Our renters gave us for Christmas a pampered chef baking stone in the shape of a large cookie sheet. I have dedicated it to roasting vegetables. I scrubbed a few yukon gold taters and some sweet potatoes cut into large chunks, smeared on some olive oil, sprinkled on course salt and freshly ground pepper and baked them on the baking pan. They were SO GOOD.

oh wait, I forgot, along with the baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes, I served a small mound of blueberry crisp; will too tonight

Last edited:
It's becoming tradition to meet some friends on Sunday evenings at this little Mexican restaurant. GREAT service, funny too! GREAT food, cheap margaritas...that's the plan.

I didn't have to make dinner today. Dh's birthday is coming up this week so our dd made dinner for us. We had a really good roast beef, roasted potato wedges, squash casserole and a green salad. Carrot cake (his favorite) for dessert. He was very pleased.

Rotisserie chicken from the store, cornbread dressing, sliced tomatoes and a fresh fruit salad.

I'm happy that we have a fridge full of leftovers for weekday lunches. Love it when it works out that way!

Welp Katie, I'm finally getting around to cooking the bean soup recipe and fixins you sent me!!! Got my ham hocks ready to go and my beans are soaked!!! I think there will be some corn muffins to go along with it!

Cornish Game hens, split down the back, flattened out. Some sage, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper on top (along with olive oil and butter). Cornbread dressing, green beans. Having a nice cold Dos Equis to wash it down.

I'm thinking about making a second attempt at meatballs. Last time, I added too many spices I believe.

Back
Top Bottom