What's for dinner, Sunday, January 28, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allen - so what made this the BEST pot roast? I love a good pot roast and sometimes they are ...well, just OK. So, I wanna know exactly what made it the best? I have one in my freezer so I'm waiting...........:chef:

Since Kim retired, he's been getting more than ever into cooking, and is really enjoying learning new cooking skills. One of his retirement gifts was a good-sized electric grill, and he has really enjoyed using it.
Today, he learned how to make pancakes. I started him off with Bisquick...makes good pancakes, and if he wants to get fancier later on, he can.They turned out great. We had those lovely little maple flavored smokey links to go with.
After that filling meal, we'll just be having someting light for supper tonight...
probably grilled balogna & cheese sandwiches.

mr. callie has pork ribs on the rotisserie...i didn't watch how he prepared them. We'll have potato salad, baked beans and deviled eggs to go with. Happy Sunday everyone!

KE, nothing really complicated about a good pot roast, it's just that PeppA's mother never made it right. I'm not sure if my MIL browned the roast before putting it in the oven, but I know she doesn't use beef stock as the braising liquid. All she uses is water.

I use my own homemade beef stock. I season a roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, then sear it. I also sprinkled some dried rosemary over the roast and into the liquid. Then, I placed the roast and liquid in the oven at 350 degrees F for 3 hours. Onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes went into the roaster with the roast and liquid in the last hour. It really could have used another hour in the oven, as it wasn't quite tender enough for me. I pulled the roast out of the liquid, and poured the broth into a cast iron skillet to turn it into gravy.

Dinner's been done for over an hour now, and there are NO leftovers.

Uncle Bob said:
A can of Sardines (packed in Olive Oil)... probably some cheese, crackers, Tabasco and/or hot pepper sauce.

I have several cans if anyone wants to join me..:rolleyes:
I'd jump on your bandwagon if you said you had Kipper Snacks.
:LOL:
But really do lurve sardines, they're so salty and full of tidbits of flavor.
Since I just landed, I'll have to pass. Too tired........:(

I tried a new recipe for Southwest Chicken Chili. It was very spicy but very good. I served it with sweet corn cake and salad. Dessert later on was vanilla bean ice cream with fresh nectarines.

Top sirloin roast that I cut slits in and stuffed full of garlic. Then I rubbed the roast all over with spice rub and let it sit for a few hours. Then I cooked the roast on the grill until it was about medium-rare in doneness. With it I had black bean salad and sliced zucchini sauteed in olive oil with herbs and garlic powder.

Back
Top Bottom