What's for dinner, Sunday, January 28, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
No one's cookin today?
Oh my.............
Fillet Mignon's for me with aparagus and big salad.
That is if there's any left by the time I feed everyone.:LOL:

How about what anyone else is making?

I'd love a step by step written down version of that pot roast exactly as you did it, no details left out..........hint hint hint:wacko:

Last edited:
Garlic-roasted whole chicken (in the crockpot), oven-roasted potato wedges, Italian green beans and homemade chocolate chip brownies. Cold as crap here, so a big, warm dinner is what we need. The house is beginning to smell really good.

We had a traditional English fish pie, made with smoked haddock and cod, cooked in a white sauce with celery, carrot and onion, topped with mashed potato. It was good!

Oh and this morning I made croissants, which I have never done before, but the fiance wanted me to give them a try...

And I made wholegrain rolls for our lunches during the week!

So by my calculation I have done enough cooking for at least two discuss cooking members who couldn't be bothered today!!!

cooked a vegetarian meal & didn't see 'till i 'twas plating my food.:LOL:
grilled what 'twas left of a portabello brushed with oliveoil & seasoned with seasalt/black pepper/garlic/sage, brushed with worcestershire post-grilling, then decided to grill these baby yellow plum tomatoes (drizzled those with balsamic vinegar), then was like, 'oh, yeah, got stewed tomatoes cooking already. ****'.:ROFLMAO:
my meal lacked color, so i cooked haricot verts & sauteed with butter, seasoned with lemon. bias sliced my portabello, looked like steak.

my other dinner-
jake requested tacos later after work, so i'll get those prepared 'bout 11:30. probably oughta slice & dice soon.

Last edited:
I am having left over Morocoan chicken with prunes over quinoa.
I have never cooked with prunes before but it really turned out well.

And tonight I want to cook my huge pot roast (which I posted about).

(I cook BIG meals on the weekend so I can freeze a bunch of individual meals.)

A can of Sardines (packed in Olive Oil)... probably some cheese, crackers, Tabasco and/or hot pepper sauce.

I have several cans if anyone wants to join me..:rolleyes:

Probably something very simple tonight. Lentil soup and rice. They go well together and the meal is very tasty and filling!

I just put a pork roast in the oven with yellow onions, russets, carrots, mushroom soup, garlic, sage, pepper, etc. Comfort food is the name of the game today!

I've got a pot roast going in the oven right now. I need to get off the pc and go prep the veggies and add them to the the pan.

Vegetable risotto (bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, zuccini, asparagus, cooked in white wine & veggie stock) very very tasty!!

Also marinated some Quorn Fillets and shallow fried them.

What are Quorn fillets?

We're cleaning out the fridge tonight. Leftover pork chops, spaghetti, and chinese to clear out.

Beef stew with rosemary dumplings. There's leftover apple peach pie for dessert.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

VeraBlue said:
I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

I don't want to go in tonight. There is a bottle of wine with my name on it and I can't have any cuz I work! Waaaaaaaaa!:(

today, appies, french raclette cheese, tiny potatoes,gerkins the sweet ones baguette,copa slices and proscuitto slices..YUMMY, dinner, ham basted with brown sugar,butter,cloves,cinnamon and OJ..tiny green beans in garlic butter, scalloped 3 cheese potatoes with pancetta, rolls, iceberg wedges surounded with hard cooked egg quarters and either thousand island or chunky blue cheese dressing. Chocolate cake for dessert.

kadesma:-p

I've got "Chicken Parisienne" finishing up in the oven right now. Basically, bone-in skin-on chicken breasts cooked in a mixture of condensed Cream of Mushroom soup, fresh sauteed button mushrooms, & dry sherry. When the chicken is done, the sauce is then finished off with a goodly amount of sour cream. Will be serving it with plain white rice (to soak up all that great sauce), & plain buttered baby carrots.

Ok, the pot roast is done, gravy is made, and faux Cheddar Bay biscuits are done, and everyone is busy shovelling it into their mouths.

*AllenOK drops to his knees and thanks God for Pot Roast.

PeppA, my other half, just told me it is the best pot roast she's ever had.

Back
Top Bottom