"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Master Chef

Whats for Dinner Sunday, July 16th

I watched Paula Dean today and she made a marinade that sounded really good. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33851,00.html

I switched some of the ingredients.....I used 1 tsp lemon concentrate (bottled) vs. 3 tsp lemon......I used Dijon Mustard vs. Prepared.......I only used 1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce and I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce. Instead of the Pork Roast I used 3 butterflied Thick Pork Chops. I marinated them for 1 hour. They turned out so good and the meat was moist and tender. This is def. one I'm writing down for my recipe box.

I also made homemade herb dressing.......one of my favorite sides, parsley/chive buttered small red pototoes and bread and buttered pickles. For dessert I just opened a can of pears as I plan on making that peach pie later.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Executive Chef

That marinade sounds really good. How did you cook your pork chops and how long? Im making a roast beef, with potatoes, onions, carrotts, green beans.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
Master Chef

I marinated it for 1 hour in the refrigerator and then preheated the oven to 350 degrees. I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up and then put in a cooling rack.....the kind you cool cookies or pies on. I placed the marinated chops on top of the cooling rack....that way dripping fell below the rack. I baked them at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Perfect temp and timing as they were really tender and moist.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Most of the crew is going to be here today so it's grilled filet's with an Ina Garten blue cheese/cream sauce, grilled eggplant with crushed garlic and evoo, zucchini sauteed with onion,garlic,in a little evoo then at the end I'll ad some beaten eggs and cook like I would scrambled eggs and top the whole thing off with parmesan, a large platter of tomatoes, armenian cucumbers,sweet red onion rings, red and yellow bell pepper rings all sprinkled with a vinegrette. a large bowl of pesto topped with chopped red tomatoes and garlic parmesan Italian bread...Chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate cream pie for dessert...
Have a wonderful sunday everyone.

kadesma
Old 07-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
Sous Chef

We'll be doing a quick and easy Marcella Hazan pasta recipe that is basically just a browned butter and fresh sage sauce over fettucine. Probably steam some cauliflower to go with it because I love that veggie with pasta.

Of course, this all depends upon whether we can stand being in the kitchen later today. Even here a couple blocks from the beach in SoCal, it is unusually hot and muggy, muggy, muggy. I won't complain, though, because it is 110 degrees inland.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Lamb burgers
stuffed with onions
and feta cheese.

I also have two big zucchini flowers that I'm going to stuff
with the lamb mixture.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
Master Chef

When I went shopping at Costco last week I bought two tequila lime marinated turkey breast tenderloin, so tonight I am going to grill one of them. With the tenderloin I am having Mexican rice and Black Bean Salad. I also made a batch of Andy M's Thai Pickled Cucumbers to eat during the week, if they last more than a day or two.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Cheese, crackers, grapes, cherries, and mellon. We had a late breakfast and the fruit sounds good.

later
Old 07-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
Master Chef

We're having shrimp "on the barbie"...or that's the plan. It's so darned hot out, we may just make a Shrimp Scampi in the skillet. Thank heaven for AC.
Either way, I'm going to whip up a little fetticine, and try out the Parmesiagno Reggiano that I just got. We really need something green, so I may throw a few frozen peas in with the fetticine to ease my conscience.

PS...DH just came in, and he just wants the leftover chicken from last night. Guess we'll save the shrimp for another time.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Sierracook, I never realized that turkey has a tenderloin.