What's for Dinner Sunday June 21, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I have a rack of Baby Back Ribs Chilling with a dry rub in the fridge now. Will cook them later. Not sure what sides to go with yet.

chicken tenders which is dredged in, corn starch, salt , pepper, mesquite powder and saute. Instant sweet potatoes. Sherry cream sauce for the chicken. I made the sauce with heavy cream, corn starch (to thicken) sherry wine powder, Himalayan sea salt. The wine powder comes in handy because I don't keep bottles of wine or any alcohol.

I'm making myself a Father's Day special filet mignon with baked potato and tossed salad. I'll probably do the same for SO :rolleyes:

For dessert, Alix's lemon bars. Man those are fantastic!

burgers on the grill with onions and spinach leaves, black eyed pea salad and ice cream

dh keeps eyeing those zucchini in the garden and asking, "goats eat zucchini, don't they?":LOL:

We had Japanese Hibachi for lunch (son cooked for us at his restaurant) so we are pretty full. I think leftovers whenever anyone wants to eat.

For dessert, Alix's lemon bars. Man those are fantastic!
Thanks Andy! I may have to make some for dessert tonight for Ken.

We're having a standing rib roast, potatoes and onions, committee salad and probably lemon bars for dessert.

I suppose one would think it is Mother's Day since I didn't cook yesterday and didn't cook today. The kids are taking us out for dinner for Father's Day so we only had a sandwich for lunch. No cooking - no cleanup.

Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan over Israeli Couscous sauteed in butter and roasted garlic, Fennel/arugula Salad. Mango sorbet and vanilla ice cream parfaits with Keylime and coconut squares for dessert.

Braised Sirloin Tips/Mushrooms/Stuff over Noodles.......
Green Bean casserole......
Caprese Salad......
Focaccia Bread.........
Carrot Cake......

Bed Time Snack...Chocolate Ice Cream........:)

i cut a 3 1/2 lb bottom round roast into large cubes. dredged in flour with salt, fresh ground black pepper, onion and garlic powder and a smidge of cayenne. browned in butter. covered with burgundy wine, a splash of gravy master seasoning, 1 pouch of dry onion soup mix and water. simmering now.

i washed my baby red potatoes that will go in the stew with their jackets on and i peeled and cut the carrots into large pieces. frozen peas and pearl onions will go in for the last 3 minutes after the gravy gets a slight thickening. it has gotten hot and muggy so i think the biscuits are out, i really don't want to light the oven, i could do them in the toaster oven but i am afraid of burning them.

It is Father's Day and a work day for DH so my sister came over and we had dinner at lunch.

I served beef dip with a tortellini and cheese salad, green salad and home made fries. For dessert, a diabetic friendly chocolate angel food cake with fresh pineapple and ice cream (regular for my sister, no sugar added for Dad and I and soy for DH).

So for dinner I think Dad and I will just have soup.

my dinner is almost ready and the biscuits got veto'd!! oh well less work for me and less heat in the house!!

lobster, oysters on the half & meatballs for me, lobster & meatball sub with peovolone for jake. there's more seafood, 'cept we're both not hungry for anymore food.

Thanks Andy! I may have to make some for dessert tonight for Ken.

We're having a standing rib roast, potatoes and onions, committee salad and probably lemon bars for dessert.

Hi Alix, just one ? What's a committee salad?

And I made ham and cheese omelette for DH this AM w/ww toast, we had Clam Chowder w/ garlic bread for lunch and DH 'burned' some dogs on the grill for dinner. DH has started buying ballpark grillmaster hotdogs and now says he won't ever buy any other kind. I haven't tried 'em yet but they look really good.

beef stew

img_830871_0_4bb8015a94b5946cf2986b31ff26a817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom