What's for Dinner, Sunday March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am finally making the pizza tonight - ham and pineapple with no sauce for Dad, gluten-free soy-cheese salami for DH and double mushroom double cheese for me!

What are you having on this Sunday for dinner?

Hi all, new here.

Am making cross rib roast, with mashed potatoes.

Have made roasts in the past, but stumbled on this site afew days ago and read posts regarging cross rib roasts. This time am going to try a suggestion of cooking it on very low for approx 6 - 7 hours.

I am marinating some beef cubes and plan a stir fry with broccoli over brown rice. I had thought I was out of broccoli, until I defrosted my chest freezer the other day...am always happy to see what I find with that project;)

and home made ice cream for later; dh gets peppermint vanilla and I added some dark chocolate bits to my quart:)

When I was a kid I never had enough money to buy as much ice cream as I would've liked to eat. Now I do not have the metabolism to each as much as I can afford. So, now I know what my grandmother meant when she said 'enjoy yourself while you're young'.

It's my daughter Ari's birthday...so besides a white cake with whipped cream frosting, there will be strawberry bruschetta, as well as one with evoo, Gorgonzola, when cheese starts to melt drizzle with honey, Tabulah salad, spinach with mandrin oranges and water chestnuts. Large flour tortillas, and Kayelle's Shortcut Chili Verde...Thank you Kayelle this is a keeper. I had to take a taste.

Last edited:
Red beans and brown rice for us plus ooey-gooey pumpkin butter cake or chocolate chip mint ice cream for dessert.

I also went with Kayelle's Shortcut Chili Verde although I added some cayenne and ancho chile's to give some heat. Next time I'll need to reduce the salt. With all the salt in the tomatoes I will not add any salt...although even a bit too salty it was good.

am having cake, had a large (for me)meal about five pm.blood sugar only 30 this am. so need to keep that up. my house mostly has no carb food. so had to load up on carbs and sugar.

I am curently in a remote location and the company is providing all meals. But today I had a new dish that was really good.

Pakistani Karahi Bindi (Okra)

4472928270_f39d91ba03_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom