What's for Dinner Sunday May 23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I am planning on roast chicken for tonight. Not sure on the veg or side dishes yet. I'll post back later after I go grocery shopping.

What's on your menu?????

I'm gonna satisfy my craving for hotdogs. Gonna fry em', then crisp em' up a little bit in the skillet and slather em' with mustard, saurkraut, relish and crumbled bacon. Maybe some macaroni salad on the side if I save room for it.

Gosh, I need to come up with something, but have no idea what to make. My wife doean't want meat, I don't want any dairy. I say we go hungry today.

Chicken wasn't defrosted in time so I make a quick beef n noodle casserole.

I have a whole chicken that needs to be cooked. I did beer butt chicken the other nite, so I'm undecided. If I get off my lazy rear and cut the thing up, it would be a start. Just not motivated today.

a couple cuts & sauce. ham & peppers on my slices- i despise most hams & many peppers, although hankering for them both. double-cheese on the guy's.

Pan fried center cut pork chops, steamed white corn, steamed baby spinach, sliced tomatoes.

img_897939_0_0ab64c60d39ab287402c807cd04cf5b9.jpg

img_897939_1_11ee27a92a576a4036ec92959fe3a680.jpg

my 2 hour after the meal sugar was 88.

made pasta and scallops. the pasta was great, olive oil, cilantro, green peppers, red pepper, and garlic. i cooked the scallops in small amount of butter, garlic and paprika. i tasted it and it seemed off. i told myself "oh they are ok" but i could not eat them. so good or bad into the garbage they went. had a serving of green beans with the pasta. and a tangelo for dessert.

babetoo, if i'm cooking for another person, & a food item is of a less-than-this-or- that, sub-par quality, i wrap that item & going on my own self-guidance, i either promptly request a reimbursement after returning the food or, if they gripe, i'll make that a corporate birtch-fest.
of my own opinion that food touted as this-or-that-&-great!....
.....is less great than foods that, rather than being touted;.. they're of a lesser quality.
i buy items & ignore many of them if my stomach gets grumpy. :)

Market had a great price on packages of chicken leg/thigh quarters, so sprinkled two of them liberally with some Herbs de Provence & roasted them on a bed of root vegetables (golden beets, baby white turnips, baby red potatoes, sweet onions, & garlic) tossed in extra-virgin olive oil.

I put a nice porterhouse on the grill, made a twice baked potato stuffed with habanero chedder cheese and had succotash for the veg.

Back
Top Bottom