"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
Executive Chef

asparagus quiche, made with smoked bacon, Jarlsberg Swiss cheese, onions, s&p. Will fix a side of asparagus sauted in bacon grease. Along with a slice of NY Times bread/toast

Old 05-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
Head Chef

Roasted Rosemary new potatoes and prime filet mignon with stilton/butter melted on top.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Sunday dinner, hummmmm
grilling a must today it's sunny and warm soo..Grilled burgers, with the trimmings, hot dogs, same way, mac salad, deviled eggs, platter of mangoes,grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries. Dessert a bread pudding made from callah bread with cream,butter, sugar, cinnamon,toasted pine nuts and chocolate chips.
Before hand munchies, platter of veggies and crackers with an artichoke dip, chips and salsa.
Happy Sunday

kadesma
Old 05-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
mudbug, check out this link with some recipes from AllenOk that sound really good.

Chicken Thigh recipes for Alix
Wow, they sure do! I'm like Allen and prefer eating thighs to the white meat. Thanks for the link, SC!

So many choices - that bourbon/mustard one looks especially yummy, but we drank all the bourbon.

So, I'm going with browning them off and then finishing them in the oven with some shrooms and wine-doctored jarred tomato-basil spaghetti sauce.

p.s. the blackberry sauce is looking good! Will just whiz it up with the boat motor before serving later.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
Head Chef

Back to fridge clearing for us! But supper was great! We had a small risotto milanese, Millicent's pork (second time we've had this, its so good and simple) thanks to Urmanic sending us some bay leaves from Roma, and some asparagus. It was all delicious, although the asparugus was BIG and I had worried about woodiness, it was just about ok. We have had some great fruit over the weekend too, cherries, tiny peaches and big aprcots.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Head Chef

I made a shrimp bisque. I will serve that over white rice mixed with some steamed brocolli. Also, rolls!!! I can't wait to try it. My first time making the bisque. It's on the allrecipe site if anyone is interested.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #17
Sous Chef

just decided what to make...
Mashed potatoes (it's been forever since we last had those!!)
Grilled Zucchini With Toasted Cumin-Lime Marinade
Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts - Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
Master Chef

Since it's such a lovely downright cool spring evening here in VA, we have the coals burning & are planning on a simple meal of grilled chicken hotdogs on toasted rolls topped with turkey chili, chopped Vidalia onion, lettuce, etc., served with shoestring potatoes.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
A friend and I went plant shopping when all of a sudden she got an uncontrollable urge to have a margarita!

Top Shelf - 20 ounces - oh yum! fresh pineapple, fresh lime, fresh strawberry, and a fresh orange for garnish - then I came home and mindlessly planted the rest of the afternoon!

oops - forgot to say that we split some fajitas and queso with chorizo

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Wow! That margarita sounds heavenly!

Dinner was one of dh's favorite, thought I'm never too thrilled about it. I made penne and tossed it in a parm cream sauce (not quite alfredo, a lot thinner than that), steamed broccoli, browned chicken and toasted pine nuts.