What's for Dinner, Sunday, October 12, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH had to go to the grocery store and pick out his vegetables for his beef and vegetable soup - onion, leeks, carrots, kale, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and cabbage. There is enough for a few days lunch AND dinner :ermm: and probably a breakfast or two. I love soup for breakfast :chef:

img_702083_0_ae3defe25be682e8e351a304188801e1.jpg

um, do you share:blink:? sounds wonderful...

Share the meal or the recipe or both ? Actually I didn't follow a recipe , I just added ingredients I thought would taste interesting. If I can remember what they were. :) In the ground beef I added Salt, melange of pepper, ground basil, ground rosemary, minced onion, onion powder, roasted garlic, I don't remember what else... anyway it did turn out tasty.

elfie, is that a japanese style bowl? i have a sushi set the looks very similar.

we went to an italian restaurant - really a glorified pizza place on route 23 in jersey, on the way home from pumpkin picking.

my boy had sketti and meatballs, dw had the house fish special (a big hunk of chilean sea bass, surrounded by shrimp, clams, and scallops in a light broth), and i had penne amatriciana with a side of sausage. everything was excellent. better than many fancy italian joints in the city.

LadyC, I just wanted a plate of your entire dinner:neutral:
KE, over the weekend, I was shopping thinking of you as I picked up a gorgeous huge bowl and a beautiful Tuscan serving platter. Now, if you don't mind would you please email some soup with a bit of dry ice, it oughta make it;)
MG, I want to eat at your house if there's any leftovers please

We were going to have a nice pork loin roast with onions & carrots and cornbread:). What we ended up having was semi-home made chili, cornbread and fried green tomatoes:mad:. Why the switch? Because the dumb cook (ME:chef:) forgot that the roasting pan gets hot when you brown the roast on the stove top:(. I went to move the roaster into the oven and it ended up doing a half gainer off the oven door before spralling it's contents all over the kitchen floor:ohmy:.

I hate this "live and learn" part of life.:glare:

We were going to have a nice pork loin roast with onions & carrots and cornbread:). What we ended up having was semi-home made chili, cornbread and fried green tomatoes:mad:. Why the switch? Because the dumb cook (ME:chef:) forgot that the roasting pan gets hot when you brown the roast on the stove top:(. I went to move the roaster into the oven and it ended up doing a half gainer off the oven door before spralling it's contents all over the kitchen floor:ohmy:.

:LOL: Been there! Once a pot started to boil over so I set it on the counter not thinking to put a pot holder under it. Heard the formica cracking and burning picked it up and set it next to the sink. Still no pot holder! Two burn marks in two places! Then dropped the thing trying to dump it in the sink and stuff flew everywhere! Needless to say, I didn't touch anything in the kitchen for several days afraid of what I might do next!

Hmmmm... this could be a new thread - Kitchen Disasters of the violent kind.

Hey, doesn't this belong under the d'oh, moment thread? :LOL:

OK, I tried a new sear method the other week, one where you preheat the pan in the oven before putting it on the stovetop and slapping the steak in.
So after I took it out of the 500F oven, moved it to the flaming burner, took my mitts off and went to get the oil, I noticed the pan wasn't quite centered on the burner..... :LOL:
Fortunately it was a light handle grab and I hit callous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom