What's for Dinner, Sunday October 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I came across a really nice beef roast yesterday at BJ's so we are having Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

It is a large roast so I'll use the leftovers 2x this week for dinners.

Thinking of picking some pears off the tree and making a pear tart for dessert.

And what is everyone else having?

beer can chicken .. some kind of sausage .. mashed taters and gravy ..
green beans .. and what ever else i feel like throwing together ..

We're celebrating my son's 23 birthday today....after all the cooking I did yesterday I'd rather not cook at all today, but since I'd stand in front of a moving train for him, I guess getting back in the kitchen should be a piece of cake, eh?

I'm making 2 roasted pork loins, mashed potatoes (it's the one food he'd eat if he could only pick one food for the rest of his life) sauteed swiss chard, and home made apple sauce.

I've got to get busy making his birthday cake, too. His favourite is always yellow cake with fudge frosting.

My daughter and her soon to be in-laws are arriving today. Yankee pot roast, potatoes, carrots, onions are the main menu. Cheese plate and Boston creme pie for dessert.

In addition to that I am cooking the pork shoulder that I defrosted for my original dinner plan but will serve that up tomorrow. Making some german potato salad too so I will have a head start on tomorrow's dinner. Stinks that I have to work tomorrow or any day for that matter!

It's family Sunday, had planned a beef brisket, bit got stuck with a corned beef brisket, I know I should pay more attention:LOL: So it's a corned beef cooked just a little different, baked potatoes, creamed spinach, some chopped and sauted cabbage in butter with some onions, a big green salad, sauted then roasted sweet potatoes for the kids, appetizer is an aged semi soft cheese from Holland, Prima Donna, we cut off pieces, wrap in procuitto and eat as is or plop it on a slice of pear or apple or a cracker..All options are nice..some warm buttered French bread. For dessert I made a big batch of walnut brownies and some vanilla ice cream
Happy Sunday everyone
kadesma;)

I guess beef is the trend today!

Slow cooker pot roast with carots, parshnips, potatoes, and onions.:chef::chef: Planning on some yummy leftovers for my week!

Im making orzo with mushrooms, smoked sausage, zucchini, onions & whatever else I decide to toss in!! Im just kind of winging it, since I havent found a recipe I like yet!
Besides, hubbys working & Im not sure if he will even be home for dinner : (

Cold, windy, rainy..... a normal person would make soup.

But, me being me, and not normal, I am going to make some spaghetti sauce and turn a pkg of ground pork into italian sausage, or something close.

:)

Hey suziequzie, I'll be the "normal" one for ya, even if we have a lovely
78 degree day!

Hot italian sausage and lentil soup, with spinach and leeks and tomatoes
and other goodness.

With a loaf of warm Italian bread and some garlic herb butter spread.

spent all day yesterday in Charlottesville for the football game. Didn't get home until 2:00am today. Pizza delivery for me!

Ha, that's one better than me, jabbur. At least if your pizza is good.
I stuck around the house today to do things, so I'm scrounging. I have seven chicken wings I just put on the grill, I'm also going to make some grilled steak fries, and then toss a California frozen pizza in the oven. I wish there was a good pizza place in my town. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking :mellow:
I'm getting pretty good at making carry out or delivery food though ;)

Wow, I just saw my last post's time... not bad for me. Less than two hours for my "carry in" meal ;)
Lots of ranch dressing on the fries, which were very crispy, and lots of blue cheese dressing on the carrots and celery, which didn't make it into the picture :) I might need to find a better use for the jerk sauce I used though... tasty, but it all but disappeared no matter how much I put on. Good thing the wings were seasoned as they cooked, too.

Attachments

• 10-05-08 wings.jpg
    10-05-08 wings.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 171
Back
Top Bottom