What's for dinner? Sunday, Sept 7, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon wrapped pork loin on the bbq. Sliced thin and served on pita with assorted fillings. Had a few no shows at my mothers so there is over half of it left over....
That looks so yummy. I might have to try that.

Kinda cool that you have yummy leftovers. ;)

We went out and TB usually has ribs and chicken; however, he ordered just the ribs and I ordered a southwest chicken salad with the chicken on the side and he ate that with his ribs :LOL:

we were all set to have some friends over from our baseball team for a little end of the year bbq (really grilling), but they cancelled last minute.

dw got an itchin' for a tourist trip into nyc, so we decided to go see the intrepid: The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum

very cool place, and pretty reasonable for this town.

after the intrepid, we headed down to little italy to a place we stumbled upon and ended up loving this summer. it was paisanos on mulberry street

dinner was, hmm, just ok this time. we started with house salads, then dw had the lobster ravioli in vodka sauce (gack! but she said it was ok), my boy had the ny strip (also ok but fatty), and i had the steak pizzaola. again just ok.

dw had a coffee after dinner, and my boy and i had espressos; his decaf, mine full octane.

in the past, i've taught the boy that espresso is the foil for a cloyingly sweet dessert, but since it was late we skipped the desert.

that was a mistake. either the waiter gave my boy a full caffeine espresso, or without the dulce, even a decaf espresso has some rocket fuel in it.

either way, as i left for work tonight my boy was up and dw was growling at me since tomorrow is a school day.

we'll be back in little italy soon for the feast of san gennaro, so i think we need to try the place next door.

:neutral:

Bucky, that sounds like a very interesting day. How long does it take you to get to NYC from where you are?

Good thing your work hours aren't the normal workday, huh bt?

We were supposed to have steak and broccoli spears on the grill, and rice. But between late Mass and going home we made a stop at Market Basket for a carton of Edy's no sugar vanilla to go with some sweet cantaloupe for dessert. Himself was loose in a grocery store! :ohmy: He picked up his fresh-made sushi (it's his reward for having to come into the store) and I got the ice cream and a couple pieces of produce, then we wandered over to the spice department because I was getting low on Colman's dry mustard. He spotted a jar of coffee steak rub and was interested. I convinced him I had all the ingredients at home and I'd make it up for the steak if we grilled it Monday. That sent him off hunting for the Uno pizza he had seen by the deli case! My carton of ice cream ended up costing $37! :ROFLMAO: And no Colman's.

On the way home we stopped at his sister's. They were getting ready to grill, so we walked in holding the sushi and said "we brought appetizers!". She said if we wanted to stay she could probably find more hot dogs in the freezer. Instead I went home and got a package of me-made burgers and kaiser rolls from our freezer and her DH grilled it all. Our impromptu picnic was fun and we sat around talking until almost 11:00PM. You would think we never see this people who live about 2000 feet away from us! :LOL:

Spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were from a batch I made a few weeks ago.

With all the talk about pork chops, I had to make some. I seasoned them with S&P and Italian seasoning, then pan-fried them in olive oil. I deglazed the pan with white wine and whisked in a spoonful of roasted garlic mustard and about a half cup of half and half. Served that over Parmesan mashed potatoes :yum: I also made salads but was too full to eat mine. I'll have it with lunch.

Forgot to post my picture. Swallowtail caterpillars have eaten all my parsley so I garnished it with tomato ;)

Attachments

• 1410179497538.jpg
    1410179497538.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom