What's for Dinner, Sunday Sept. 9, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to fry bnls. chicken thighs, mashed potatoes or rice, gravy, sweet corn (almost out of season - :(), sliced tomatoes, candy onions,cukes and warm crusty dinner rolls.

Last edited:
I am making stuffed shells, stuffed with a mixture of chicken, ricotta, spinach and cheese, baked in an alfredo sauce. Probably a salad and cookies for dessert.

Sunday special:-p
fried chicken, finished off in the oven with rosemary,garlic,white wine trickled over it. Artichoke,cheese ravioli with a basil alfredo sauce, green salad with tomatoes,cucumbers,avocado, onion rings,evoo and red wine vinegar, we splurged and picked up some white asparagus will blanch and serve with butter and lemon.Dessert will be peach cobbler with ice cream or baked apples stuffed with mascarpone,nuts and brown sugar, have a hard sauce to top it with or vanilla ice cream.
Have a happy sunday everyone.
kadesma;)

Chicken breasts stuffed with sweet sausage topped with sauteed mushrooms and a parmesan sauce.

looking like its gonna be pizza, hadn't planned on that though. I seem to be in a period of cheesemaking that behooves me to name the cheese after I have made it, not before. Better to call the cheese what it resembles, not the recipe title;). So I want to use up some mozzarella type cheese:cool:. Lunch will be burgers on the grill:)

At the request of my son and daughter-in-law,we will be having empanadas,frejoles refritos,baked platanos, mango slices, guacamole and bunelos for dessert.
Whatever you may be having -ENJOY!!! Love and energy, Vicki

I think......

this spicy chicken dish I make on the stove
moms garden zuccini
rice cooked in chix broth

Invited to a friend's house for bbq later. I just made some broccoli salad to take along and am also going to make up a fruit bowl closer to the time we leave.

It's Paul's b-day so I should be making a big fancy dinner with all of his requests filled... but, he's out hunting SO, it's either a bowl of vanilla ice cream or fried potatoes with lots of onions and garlic.

Tonight, I have 4 rather large boneless pork chops marinating in flavors I mentioned in the other thread, noodles, corn on the cob and baking soda buiscuts. 1/2/3 jello too. Iced T for me and w/w for the man.

I already know that tomorrow, we're having Oven Jambalaya

Last edited:
whole wheat fettucini with fresh pesto and wild scallops over mixed fresh green and waxed beans. Gorgeous to look at and yummy.

fresh caught striper, steamed, then topped with chopped green onions, and soy and oyster sauce, then lightly covered with sizzling oil poured over all. Sauteed carrots, celery, and shitake mushrooms in light sauce. Sliced eggplant sauteed with red hot peppers w/a curry sauce..All served with rice.

happy birthday paul!!!!!!

still no presents for you, you lucky sonomah-b. :)

:angel:

tonight we dined like kings (of a very crappy principality) at, the ooooolive gaaaarden.

despite my protestations, dw talked me into going to i'c's favourite joint because my nephew works at the nearby establishment.

fortunately, he was in residence, and we got some face time, and full bellies.

it's always good to see family, no matter how over salted or over cheesed it is.

Last edited:
Last night we had soft tacos made from soft warmed white corn tortillas filled with Shady Brook Farms "Mild Citrus" marinated turkey strips; sauteed red, yellow, & green bell peppers; sauteed jalapeno peppers; grated sharp white cheddar; chopped romaine lettuce; chopped cilantro; sour cream, & salsa. Yum!!

Back
Top Bottom