What's for dinner, Sunday, September 14, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just cantaloupe for me, scrambled eggs w/ cheese, toast, and cantaloupe for the kids.

Had to go to Sam's Club and didn't get done shopping until late so I picked up one of their rotisserie (?) chickens and we had some sliced tomatoes and potato salad with it. If you've never had Sam's Club Rotisserie chicken you really need to try it.

The chicken will be tomorrow's dinner. I was so undecided on how to cook it that I didn't bother at all.
So I have some hamburger, sausage, onions, mushrooms, garlic and finely diced potatoes going in a pot. I'll probably turn it into a brown gravy and serve over rice, but that's up in the air, too. It could very easily be turned into a red gravy pasta dish.
I'm pretty decided on a Mexican Sundae for later though.

i was going to grill an angus london broil (in a top secret rub ;)), and some marinated chicken thighs, but i found that i'd left a burner open on the grill the last time i used it, so i was out of gas.

in a pinch, i put the london broil under the broiler (duh) and dw made the thighs on a grill pan. we had them with nuked spuds, a salad, and strips of red bell pepper.

That recipe wasn't my Mexican Sundae. Just vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and Spanish peanuts. That's what they were called around here.... no idea why, but you used to be able to order them in restaurants, too. I'm not sure if they are still called that anymore or not, but I knew what I was having (lol).

Back
Top Bottom