What's for Dinner Sunday September 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up making a huge chef salad for lunch so I held back half for dinner. It's amazing how many things you can find to make a filling dinner salad. Lunchmeat, hard boiled eggs, black and green olives, chunks of cheeses....

Well, in this case, the filling is already cooked, so if you put raw stuffed peppers in a 350F oven and bake them for 40 minutes, which is how long it will take for the peppers to cook through, you'll end up with bell pepper cup-a-soup!

Makes sense to me. There is usually more than one way to get where you're going.

We grilled rib eye steaks, did some potatoes and onions on the grill and steamed some Local Montana corn on the cob. Chocolate cake with cream cheese filling for dessert! Plenty of adult beverages.....we are after all on vacation
;-)

the b.b.q. was loaded with wonderful food. crackers with cream cheese, salmon and capers. two lovely entrées of fish. steak, pasta salad, mashed potatoes. two pies, chocolate silk and coconut cream. i did not have any pie, as i had two drinks before dinner. didn't want to push the blood sugar to high. and and lots of melon chunks in a nice bowl. i enjoyed myself. the cold is still hanging on so i got tired early.

good company, except for my daughter's boy friend, "mr wonderful", sarcasm intended.

I'm going to bake a boneless porkchop in gravy, red cabbage on the side... and either potato or rice on the side.
The pork chop was in mushroom gravy, potato seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning, cabbage with caraway seeds, alittle oil and apple-cider vinegar.

img_1045533_0_d99a5937523955ec6adfe8d7996a60b9.jpg

Last edited:
wow, vb!!! :chef:

glad to hear you had good q, babe. :)

well played, andy and sir loin.

we had a great day of fishing down at the manasquan inlet in joisey, then a really good dinner at spikes fish market and restaurant in point pleasant beach.

we caught 25 snappers (immature bluefish - i know you are but what am i? ;)) in just about 2 and a half hours. it was one of those days where you could spit on a hook and catch somethin'.

then we went to a local fish market/dive restaurant; the new jersey equivalent of a new england clam shack with a few indoor picnic tables.

our dinners were outstanding!
we started with new england and manhattan clam chowders. my manhattan blows theirs away, but their new england clam chowder was one of the best i've had in my life. it was so thick you could turn the bowl 90 degrees for a second or two without spillage - even as hot as it was, and it was chock full of clams, potatoes, corn, and celery.

then, my boy had mini crabcakes (meh, imo) and coleslaw, dw had a giant brazillian lobster tail broiled to perfection with coleslaw, and i had a wonderful dish of shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, and lump crabmeat over linguini in clam sauce.

for a fishing dive, this place rocks. no wonder so many people wait an hour for a table so far away from the beach.

no traffic on the way home completed the day. :)

Bucatini alla'matriciana

Today i want to prepare Bucatini alla'matriciana with basic tomato sauce, an original italian recipe.

Last edited:
Boneless/skinless chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter and EVOO, lemon pan gravy, mashed taters and steamed carrots.

img_1045694_0_409440322d26f2af87b3a297f459885d.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom