"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I ended up making a huge chef salad for lunch so I held back half for dinner. It's amazing how many things you can find to make a filling dinner salad. Lunchmeat, hard boiled eggs, black and green olives, chunks of cheeses....

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Well, in this case, the filling is already cooked, so if you put raw stuffed peppers in a 350F oven and bake them for 40 minutes, which is how long it will take for the peppers to cook through, you'll end up with bell pepper cup-a-soup!
Makes sense to me. There is usually more than one way to get where you're going.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #23
Executive Chef

We grilled rib eye steaks, did some potatoes and onions on the grill and steamed some Local Montana corn on the cob. Chocolate cake with cream cheese filling for dessert! Plenty of adult beverages.....we are after all on vacation
;-)
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

the b.b.q. was loaded with wonderful food. crackers with cream cheese, salmon and capers. two lovely entrées of fish. steak, pasta salad, mashed potatoes. two pies, chocolate silk and coconut cream. i did not have any pie, as i had two drinks before dinner. didn't want to push the blood sugar to high. and and lots of melon chunks in a nice bowl. i enjoyed myself. the cold is still hanging on so i got tired early.

good company, except for my daughter's boy friend, "mr wonderful", sarcasm intended.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I'm going to bake a boneless porkchop in gravy, red cabbage on the side... and either potato or rice on the side.
The pork chop was in mushroom gravy, potato seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning, cabbage with caraway seeds, alittle oil and apple-cider vinegar.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:52 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

wow, vb!!!

glad to hear you had good q, babe.

well played, andy and sir loin.

we had a great day of fishing down at the manasquan inlet in joisey, then a really good dinner at spikes fish market and restaurant in point pleasant beach.

we caught 25 snappers (immature bluefish - i know you are but what am i? ) in just about 2 and a half hours. it was one of those days where you could spit on a hook and catch somethin'.

then we went to a local fish market/dive restaurant; the new jersey equivalent of a new england clam shack with a few indoor picnic tables.

our dinners were outstanding!
we started with new england and manhattan clam chowders. my manhattan blows theirs away, but their new england clam chowder was one of the best i've had in my life. it was so thick you could turn the bowl 90 degrees for a second or two without spillage - even as hot as it was, and it was chock full of clams, potatoes, corn, and celery.

then, my boy had mini crabcakes (meh, imo) and coleslaw, dw had a giant brazillian lobster tail broiled to perfection with coleslaw, and i had a wonderful dish of shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, and lump crabmeat over linguini in clam sauce.

for a fishing dive, this place rocks. no wonder so many people wait an hour for a table so far away from the beach.

no traffic on the way home completed the day.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #27
Assistant Cook

Bucatini alla'matriciana

Today i want to prepare Bucatini alla'matriciana with basic tomato sauce, an original italian recipe.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Master Chef

Boneless/skinless chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter and EVOO, lemon pan gravy, mashed taters and steamed carrots.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Boneless/skinless chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter and EVOO, lemon pan gravy, mashed taters and steamed carrots.

Looks sooo gooood!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Looks sooo gooood!
Thank you VB.

Tags
dinner