What's for dinner this 28th day of December?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breakfast, eggs, ham, rye toast and a smear of blackberry jelly.

Christmas 2013 and all of its leftovers are gone or frozen, new food tomorrow! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I love that...leftovers are great but only for so long! Yay for new food! :chef::yum:

:ohmy: Beautiful pork roast, Harry! That looks amazing - love your spuds and carrot mash as well. :yum:

YUM!!!

Dinner just arrived and it is awesome.

TB gets a double cheese burger without the bun as we have gluten free ones. I get a chicken salad with a lot of veggies and for both (me just a few) oven wedges.

I can't wait till he comes home so wecan eat.. just a few minutes from now!

Beautiful and sunny day today. :) Christmas leftovers are done, and I've been craving a grilled ribeye so that's what was for dinner this afternoon. :yum: Asparagus on the grill as well, and the sweet potatoes were roasted on high heat in the oven with some other veggies that I will put into an omelette tomorrow. :yum:

Ribeye was amazing...very pink/medium rare. Should have got a pic of the inside but I was too hungry. :LOL:

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Looks good Cheryl!

I just kept it simple with a "cheesy bake" with smoked bacon, steamed potatoes, carrots and brussels; peas and shallots. The cheese sauce was made with cheddar and stilton.

I thought my steamer was on the fritz, (let's face it - a burning smell is not good from a steamer), but it turns out it simply didn't have enough water in it, so hopefully it is still working. :)

Pot roast with lovely mashed potatoes. Veg from the roasting pot on the side, and a store bought tiramisu cake for dessert.

Wow. Gorgeous ribeye, Cheryl. Beautiful color. Nice looking dinner :yum:

Here a couple pics along the way of Snip's curry mussel. I love the flavor of this. Can't get enough. I'll need to pick a fish for the leftover sauce :)

Attachments

• curry mussels 1.jpg
    curry mussels 1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 152
  • curry mussels 2.jpg
    curry mussels 2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 189

Here a couple pics along the way of Snip's curry mussel. I love the flavor of this. Can't get enough. I'll need to pick a fish for the leftover sauce :)
That looks great. This photo looks even better than the first one.

Thanks, pac.
Holy cow, does that ever look amazing. :ohmy: :yum:

Looks good Cheryl!

I just kept it simple with a "cheesy bake" with smoked bacon, steamed potatoes, carrots and brussels; peas and shallots. The cheese sauce was made with cheddar and stilton.

I thought my steamer was on the fritz, (let's face it - a burning smell is not good from a steamer), but it turns out it simply didn't have enough water in it, so hopefully it is still working. :)

Thank you, Katy! Oh my, your cheesy bake sounds so good. Comfort food. :yum:

Holy moly batman that looks good...I'm on my way Harry...set me a place...I'll be there in 14 hours. Don't bother sending me a map to your place...I'll just follow the scent of that insanely good looking bone-in pork roast. :)

...and save me a bottle of that thar "God Lager" I hear the Lord Almighty brews a pretty fine bottle of beer.
where are you mac?the pig is still warm & the lager ice cold:yum:!dunno much about the "big fella's" brewing technique's but it's a damn fine tipple.god is swedish for good.good lager,they certainly nailed it with that one,matey:yum:!!

:ohmy: Beautiful pork roast, Harry! That looks amazing - love your spuds and carrot mash as well. :yum:

Beautiful and sunny day today. :) Christmas leftovers are done, and I've been craving a grilled ribeye so that's what was for dinner this afternoon. :yum: Asparagus on the grill as well, and the sweet potatoes were roasted on high heat in the oven with some other veggies that I will put into an omelette tomorrow.

Ribeye was amazing...very pink/medium rare. Should have got a pic of the inside but I was too hungry.
CHEZZA!!you're back & "cookin' with gas" lookin' at that ribeye!...and yes,you should have taken a piccie of the pink innards:yum:!
nice job matey:)!
the spuds & carrots?work beautifully with the fresh coriander(cilantro).i prefer to crush the veg rather than mash.i like the texture of the lumps.still got all me own teeth & i'm not into baby food texture mashes:ermm::LOL:!!

Last edited:

good lookin'/delicious plate of mussels,pac:yum:!have to start looking to me laurels on the mussel front,methinks;)!are those the same shallots that i use,echalions aka banana/torpedo?.never thought of using mayo in cooking 'til i used it in a mexican seafood dish,then i used it when making crab cakes & now i'm a convert!!
nice job:chef:!

Thanks for the words fellow foodies :)

Harry, I've only seen them labeled "shallots" around here. Some are small, some are big. I don't know if there are different varieties or not.

Thanks for the words fellow foodies :)

Harry, I've only seen them labeled "shallots" around here. Some are small, some are big. I don't know if there are different varieties or not.

There are many varieties of all fruits and vegetables; in general, over the last century or so, growers have specialized in a few for efficiency's sake. That's why heirloom varieties have become so popular lately.

This lists different types of shallots: http://vegvariety.cce.cornell.edu/m...n=1&crop_id=0&sortBy=overallrating&order=DESC

I took the easy way out yesterday and ordered Chinese. Wonton soup and pork fried rice for me; boneless rib combo with egg roll and pork fried rice for DH.

where are you mac?the pig is still warm & the lager ice cold:yum:!dunno much about the "big fella's" brewing technique's but it's a damn fine tipple.god is swedish for good.good lager,they certainly nailed it with that one,matey:yum:!!

Sorry, My family wouldn't let me go....they required me to make bread for them.

For "Atheist Sunday Lunch" were are having spiral cut ham, Mac's special au gratin potatoes, fresh green beans, homemade rolls and some sorta dessert I got to whip up.

Thanks for the link to different kinds of shallots, GG.
If they ever offer more than one kind around here I'll be sure to check it out so I know the difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom