What's for dinner this Sunday, March 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Standing rib roast (medium rare), oven roasted potatoes, corn, caesar salad, and a glass of cabernet sauvignon. Now a cup of tea, and later moose tracks ice cream.

i have corn bread in the oven. gonna throw together a spinach salad with little shrimp, grated hard boiled egg. bacon bits and warm dressing. somehow corn bread doesn't go but the pantry moths invaded my crackers. will need to get more traps. i think they did it before the last kill but want to make sure. pesky things.

Tamale pie is a favorite of mine. How do you make yours?:chef:

I bought corn meal meant for polenta and pretty much followed instructions; that is to say, 2 cups corn meal to 6 cups water. The instructions called for butter, olive oil, and salt. I replaced with bacon fat and a spoon full of chicken stock powder. Then, when done, I put a little on the bottom of a casserole dish, then a layer of seasoned ground beef (2lbs or so of beef, a small onion, a couple cloves of garlic, a heaping spoon of cumin, a sprinkling of heat, a can of rotella mild tomatoes, a can of chopped green chilies), a can of beans (I use dark red kidneys, but anything you like will do), a sprinkling of sharp cheddar (again, your favorite will do, I just happen to live in cheese-land), then the rest of the corn meal ... I don't even like corn meal, but have to say, it turned out wonderful. The spoon full of bacon fat, I think, really does it! I bake it at 350 for maybe a half hour, then reduce to 250 to keep warm until supper time.

Shrimp sauteed in a butter/garlic/white wine sauce, served with brown rice. Steamed asparagus on the side.

Twin Oaks Plantation Chicken......

Uncle Bob, this sounds intrigueing (not sure how to spell that and can't find spell check) Is there a recipe?

For us it was fried fish and onion rings at dd's request but I tried to make it a little healthier by serving fresh cooked peas and carrots as well as sliced fresh tomatoes (sure wish I had had some fresh basil). No potatoes to go with this grease laden carb fest. No dessert, family didn't even ask for a bed time snack.:)

Ma's Sunday was panini's made with your choice of mortadella or,ham,roast beef salami, and swiss or Monterey jack, spinach pesto, salad,canned peach cobbler.
kadesma:)

Oh Ma! I want to come for a Ma's Sunday dinner sometime! How about I do a Saturday and you do the Sunday? (Missed you so much kadesma! I'm glad you're back)

Round steak with garlic and onions, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Cheesecake with raspberries for dessert :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Attachments

• image-2825834195.jpg
    image-2825834195.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 164
Great looking dinners. I need to make something with beef gravy soon. That gravy looks great. And maybe BLTs for my dinner tonight.
Here's the rest of my chicken and potatoes dinner ;)

Attachments

• wings2.jpg
    wings2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 142
  • wings3.jpg
    wings3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom