What's for dinner? Thu, March 10, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I have some errands to run, so dinner is early tonight. I had a couple of juicy lamb rib chops and some green stuff.

What are your plans for dinner?

img_1458417_0_71eb4e4520631e64ceef2266d0c73477.jpg

OOO, nice chops, Steve!

I have plans to make a beef and veggie stir-fry over Carolina Gold rice. Himself said even though he's feeling poorly he can still eat my cooking. :heart: It's possible, however, that the only part he can really eat is the rice. Time will tell.

Steve that looks fantastic! One of my favorites.

Our dinner will be beef barley soup and some fresh baguette and butter.

Lovely chops, Steve!

We've got scrambled eggs and chicken strips here.

I made Steve Kroll's Hungarian goulash soup for the first time. Really good stuff! The dollop of sour cream adds a nice touch, and the soup wouldn't be the same without it.

Cooked perfectly Steve!

I have some loin pork ribs in the oven, wrapped in foil, and low and slow. I'll finish them with my own sauce. We'll have glorified salads, and the SC will have Texas cheese/garlic toast.

I made Steve Kroll's Hungarian goulash soup for the first time. Really good stuff! The dollop of sour cream adds a nice touch, and the soup wouldn't be the same without it.

I agree, that's really good soup. I didn't have any sour cream so I did a swirl of heavy cream over the top. Yep, it needs the dairy.:yum:

I'm making a chicken stir-fry tonight. I have onions, celery and bell peppers all cut up, chicken breasts diced and sauce in a bowl, ginger and garlic ready to flavor the peanut oil. Leftover rice ready to go in the microwave. And go! :chef: :yum: :LOL:

Cooked perfectly Steve!

I have some loin pork ribs in the oven, wrapped in foil, and low and slow. I'll finish them with my own sauce. We'll have glorified salads, and the SC will have Texas cheese/garlic toast.

I just have to brag a bit. Those meaty ribs were dag gum perfect, with "just enough" resistance to pulling cleanly off the bone, worthy of a cooking contest. Dang. :chef::rolleyes::yum:

Last edited:
I just have to brag a bit. Those meaty ribs were dag gum perfect, with "just enough" resistance to pulling cleanly off the bone, worthy of a cooking contest. Dang. :chef::rolleyes::yum:

Sounds amazing, Kayelle! With daylight savings coming up this weekend, DH wants to pull out the smoker and do up some ribs this weekend! :yum:

Sounds amazing, Kayelle! With daylight savings coming up this weekend, DH wants to pull out the smoker and do up some ribs this weekend! :yum:

Ha! I've been getting the itch as well. I have two Boston Butts in the freezer and I'm itching to give one a smoke for pulled pork.

Ha! I've been getting the itch as well. I have two Boston Butts in the freezer and I'm itching to give one a smoke for pulled pork.

Hee hee! I have a chuck roast in the freezer that I've been meaning to make into a nice pot roast, but it might end up on the smoker, too ;) The smoked BBQ beef I discovered last year is scrumptious.

My beef stir-fry was good, too. So good, in fact, that Himself felt good enough to have a second helping. I guess it was OK, since that was basically his "breakfast". :ermm: Just enough left for one more serving.

Attachments

• 2016-03-10 20.28.52.jpg
    2016-03-10 20.28.52.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 104
Cooked perfectly Steve!

I just have to brag a bit. Those meaty ribs were dag gum perfect, with "just enough" resistance to pulling off the bone, worthy of a cooking contest. Dang. :chef::rolleyes::yum:

We had "second/last chance" pizza/Italian take out. The place really blew the first time we ordered delivery. After Karen posted a bad review the owner contacted her basically begging for us to try them again. I went in to pick up our order (heavily discounted) and saw a picture of their new "Margherita" pizza, which seemed to be heavily sauced. Not used to seeing sauce on this pizza. We only asked for medium pizzas, he gave us large. He also threw in a couple cannoli and his version of zeppoli.

Back
Top Bottom