What's for dinner? Thurs 1-29-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Feels like a loaded up salad kind of day, so I'll be having that with deviled eggs and strawberries on the side. Don't feel like cooking, and I have fresh veggies that need to be used. What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

I don't usually give the little girls "people food". Last night I gave the youngest the dregs from my bowl of Clam Chowder. Now tonight, when I started re-heating it on the stove, they Both were rubbing against my legs, choreographing the figure 8 dance and begging for a taste. I said, oh okay, but you're not having any of my grilled cheese sandwich.

Trying to decide if I want to make mac and cheese or turkey tenderloins rolled with an apple-cranberry stuffing. Right now, I'm thinking it will be more along the line of finishing off the ham and bean soup. I can't believe how worn-out/sore I am after two hours of snow clearing yesterday.

I went to our fabulous dollar store today and really scored! Four beautiful artichokes, 2 colored bell peppers, a double basket of strawberries, 4 huge portabella mushrooms, and best of all...frozen fresh spaghetti pasta all for $12.00 !!!

I think I'll make a garlic/mushroom/ pepper/zucchini Pasta Primavera, with a side of artichokes and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Whisk...LOL at your girls' figure 8 dance, I can just picture that. :LOL:

Kay, our Dollar store doesn't have any fresh produce at all, you got a deal! I've been craving artichokes - our store has them, but they don't look all that great just yet. Another month or two here, unless I make a trip down to TJ's. :yum:

We had a couple of lobster tails left from our New Year's Eve celebration that I had thrown in the freezer and forgot about, until I was moving some things around last night and found them.

So we had lobster tonight with drawn butter, along with a side of roasted cauliflower, tossed in olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese. To be honest, it felt a little ritzy for a mid week meal, but that's okay I guess.

Mmm, lobstah...

We went to the local country club for a retirement open house for a dear friend. The stuffed mushrooms and the breaded chicken wings were truly outstanding, everything else was good too.

I cannot decide whether this looks tasty, but it sure was good. I had collard greens cooked with bacon, a fried egg (also cooked in bacon grease,) and um...bacon. The egg was cooked until the yellow was thickened but not hard.

I had been wanting some bacon. :rolleyes:

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2015-01-29 18.26.24.jpg
    2015-01-29 18.26.24.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I had gotten 3 turkeys on sale after Thanksgiving for $4.00 apiece, so I dragged one out and thawed it and roasted it on the rotisserie on the grill. It's a huge Wolf grill and I rubbed the turkey with butter, sage, shredded red onion and a load of minced garlic.

Yum! Baked sweet potatoes, fresh green beans and some leftover fried yellow squash finished out our meal. I know this will sound weird, but for dessert we had ice cream and leftover cherries and a few strawberries.

For tomorrow's lunch I'll have a turkey leg and thigh, a turkey salad sandwich on a croissant, and a cut up grapefruit. I eat like a pig at work. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom