What's for dinner, Thurs Feb 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems to be a chicken kind of night for a lot of us. I'm baking a whole chicken that was stuffed with orange, lemon, rosemary and garlic, and a bit of oil over the top of the chicken with some lemon pepper seasoning. I'll toss in some new (red) potatoes to go along with the chicken.

I'm making Pea and Parsley Soup with Canadian Bacon. I got a Rachael Ray cookbook for my birthday and I'm so excited to try out the recipes! This is my second, and the one we had last night was definitely a success!

Seems to be a chicken kind of night for a lot of us. I'm baking a whole chicken that was stuffed with orange, lemon, rosemary and garlic, and a bit of oil over the top of the chicken with some lemon pepper seasoning. I'll toss in some new (red) potatoes to go along with the chicken.

I'm jealous :O I'm going to have to get some garlic mashed potatoes now, but your dinner sounds delicious.

I'm making Pea and Parsley Soup with Canadian Bacon

Would love to see that recipe! I had a big old ham steak from the store. Cut up some fresh pineapple, added some maple sugar and butter and caramelized it. It was great. It was actually the hi point of the meal, the rest was just kind of there. :)

Heat about two tablespoons of EVOO in a medium soup pout. Add two shallots, fairly thinnly sliced, and saute for about three or four minutes. Then throw in two cups of frozen peas. Pour in one cup of chicken stock and warm the peas through, about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

When warm, transfer the pea mixture to a food processor (I used a blender) with about a half a cup of parsley and puree until fairly smooth. Return pea mixture to the pot and add about four more cups of chicken stock, depending on how thick you want your soup to be. Reheat anywhere from two to five or so minutes.

Sprinkle with crispy bacon and serve.

Hey, Lefse. I posted this one some time back. Love it.
hey there, thanks so much. so I took the roast out of the cooking vessel after totally defrosted and rinsed it off completely. I then took your advice and did the maple syrup, no worry, I have the Vermont good stuff to use.:LOL:
made the glaze and it's just finishing in the oven, 6 minutes to go to the correct temp, smells incred in here.....leftover redone white and wild rice and chicken gravy and puree of spinach topped with feta/butter/garlic/s&p/nutmeg, the sides are finishing in the oven with the pork.....hubby should be thrilled​

Back
Top Bottom