What's For Dinner Thurs. July 13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure. I'm working in my kitchen painting and have it all torn up. I'm taking a break right now though. Hmmmmmm......I think I'll see if DH just wants to order a pizza and salad.

I have been fixing a lot of stir fry lately so tonight I am going to do a white fish with tomato relish topping and salad with dill ranch dressing.

I had most of a rotisserie chicken left, so we are having chicken and rice, green beans and something else - don't know what yet, probably just sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.

I have some leftover chili in the freezer so thats dinner tonight, and baked potatoes.

amber said:
I have some leftover chili in the freezer so thats dinner tonight, and baked potatoes.

I would like to make some chili, but it seems crazy to make chili when it's this hot outside.

I did a chicken on the rotisseri last night, so I guess I'll make chicken salad from the leftovers and probably do a basic garden salad to go with it.

Retro deja vu

We're having a leftover casserole -- you know, the old-fashioned kind of noodle/ground beef/sour cream & cream cheese layered type. Probably add a few gourmet greens salad and a nice Cab just to remind myself what century we're in.

Note: I collect cookbooks and especially enjoy the ones from the 50s - 70s. I have almost complete sets of some of the Favorite Recipes of Home Economics Teachers books published by Favorite Recipes Press. I guess it's a nostalgia type thing. Great graphics and a real peek into a bygone era.

Most of the recipes sound pretty atrocious these days, but some just scream COMFORT FOOD. This recipe was from a softcover book entitled The Ground Beef Cookbook -- all contributed by home ec teachers from around the U.S.

Last edited:
Dinner is going to be easy, just french rolls or foccacia, with Italian meats, mortadella,salami,prociutto, provolone, shredded lettuce, tomato,onion,avocado, then with evoo and vinegar on top of the lettuce and tomatoes. Potato salad, corn on the cob and chocolate ice cream and chocolate cookies wih white chocolate chunks..
that's all for me today...
kadesma:)

I put a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker last night. I shredded it and browned it with a head of minced garlic. Added some flour and a bunch of chimayo red chile powder, the pork broth and let it simmer for a couple hours. It's thick and tasty.

I'll throw some of my chile in a bowl with beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, diced tomato and fritos on top. I'll be having a frito upside down pie. :-p And though my dinner sounds good, I still would rather be at kadesma's.:)

dh has taken Aidan on his first camping trip overnight! It'll be a quiet evening here. Too bad I destroyed the kitchen today, I'll be spending some of my relaxation time cleaning.

I have some chicken marinating...
spinach waiting to be steamed...
and apples ready to be sliced.

We are trying to be healthy... it's so boring. lol

LEFSElover said:
I give, what is that?

Tonight, I'll be dining in Portland Oregon and have no clue what's on the menu wherever it is I'll be eating. Hopefully, it'll be good:LOL:

Go to Jakes on the waterfront.
They have delishous seafood!!!:):):)

I breaded boneless skinless chicken breast tenders in bread crumbs and fried them, had green beans with diced bacon, deviled eggs, biscuits with jelly, and then cubed and boiled potatoes and added lots of butter and finely shredded cheddar cheese and some chives to it.. decided to try something diff. with the potatoes.. lol. It turned out pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom