What's For Dinner, Thurs. June 21, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not quite sure yet, either BLT's or grilled split chickens, fries and salad.

Update : We are under a severe thunderstorm warning. So dinner will be blt's, fries and salad. Not grilling tonight !!

Last edited:
Hi Barb, thanks for getting this started.

Just pulled a pork roast bought yesterday, out of the freezer and tossed it in the Crock Pot. I bathed it in Santa Paula's famous Steak seasoning and white wine plus some apple pie spice. Bakers'll bake off later in the oven and thrice medley of summer/zukes/acorn squash all sauteed in butter.

I do need a suggestion for dessert. Anyone have a newish take on a cake or pie I could borrow? help:huh:

I"m marinading some steak tips in a Lawry's marinade. Tonight we'll grill these up.

I haven't 100% decided on the sides yet.
I might make some of BBQ Mickey's cole slaw and cook up enough spagetti pasta for two.

I'm thinking about heating up some olive oil butter and throwing in some percuitto, spices and milk...... to pour over the pasta.

Last edited:
Hot here again today, so we're having a cold kielbasa summer salad with blackeyed peas, green peppers, green onions, etc. I should make a baguette to have with it but the idea of heating the kitchen up doesn't appeal to me. I may have some rolls in the freezer. If so, we'll have those with the salad and maybe some roasted garlic spread on.

Katie E said:
Hot here again today, so we're having a cold kielbasa summer salad with blackeyed peas, green peppers, green onions, etc. I should make a baguette to have with it but the idea of heating the kitchen up doesn't appeal to me. I may have some rolls in the freezer. If so, we'll have those with the salad and maybe some roasted garlic spread on.
Katie- that is sounding wonderful to me right now!!!!Enjoy!!!Loveand energy, Vicki

Ive got 8 slices of steak in the caserole dish with beer, onions, gound Bay, black pepper and salt, and that`s been cooking on low for over 6 hours now.

I`ll be doing coarsely mashed potatos with it.

Working late - we're having a wine tasting - so after the doors close my supper will be cheese, crackers, and wine :rolleyes:

Today I have German/Mexican fusion cuisine (hot dog and beans), hot buttered carrot slices, whole kernel corn, a banana, and a diet Pepsi.

I'll probably make burgers and fries for hubby and younger daughter, I'll wait to eat, oldest daughter graduates from H.S. and I'm chaperoning the all night after grad party so I'll be eating junk all night.

making what my kids call Chinese chicken:) I just brown a whole cut up chicken then mix up some peanut oil,soy sauce,brown sugar,water, ketchup,apple cider,crushed garlic, sliced green onions cornstarch, pour this over the chicken, and simmer about 45 min.it will get thick and then we just pour the sauce over the chicken in a nice dish with sides and serve this over white rice...with toasted sesame seeds on top..an oriental cabbage salad, and fruit platter salad for the little guys and us to if we want some..Dessert is peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

kadesma:)

Bourbon....Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Bone-in Gospel Bird breast on the grill

Sauteed Onion, zuchinni, mushrooms in garlic oil.

Roasted potatoes

Bourbon....Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel

tonight...

roasted tofu (done on the stove)
steamed broccili
egg noodles with mushroom sauce
and then they did some chix on the BBQ.
made dessert because my dad's comeing home from bussiness and we never got to celebrate fathers day.
chocolate strawberry shortcake (it's basically a chocolate "biscuit" with a strawberry compote".)

Back
Top Bottom