What's for dinner Thurs Nov 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a Latin chicken soup with rice that was incredible with garlic bread to dip into it. :chef:

Turkey - brined in apple cider, nutmeg, cloves and brown sugar. Stuffed with orange sections, lemon sections, apple chunks, chopped onion sage, rosemary and thyme.

Whipped Youkon Gold mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, green bean casserole biscuits and homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.

Yup! We ate.

AC

We had roast chicken with caramelized onions and garlic.Mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. Dark chocolate layer cake for dessert.

Turkey, baked sweet potatoes, yukon gold mashed potatoes, string beans, cranberry sauce, stuffing and of course pumpkin pie with whip cream ( the real thing, not cool whip and not in the can) I got the free 18 lb turkey, now have enough leftovers for at least 5 meals . I put the meat in 5 separate Food saver bags, so I can just grab a bag which has enough for a meal for 2 people.

mmm, I used to love pumpkin pie with Cool Whip..... I should have picked some up.

I haven't eaten yet. I am busy cooking for tomorrow. We are have thanksgiving then. So far I have made the Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, used a Mellon baller to cut jelled Cranberry Sauce (looks cute), made pie dough, getting ready to roll out the dough and finish the pies(pumpkin, apple and pear). I still have to make the rolls. Tomorrow I will cook the turkey parts and make the gravy and mashed white potatoes and the Glorified Cauliflower. By the time I am done my Deep Fried Turkey Beasts and Stuffed Ham should arrive. I can't Waite.:chef:

we had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry relish, green salad, and I think everyone brought 2 pies "just in case". So there were seriously like 16 or 18 pies for 8 people.

Everybody took pies home with them! :)

Turkey, stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, fresh cranberries, canned cranberries (for the kids), green bean casserole, macaroni salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, rolls, pumpkin pie, banana pudding, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. Mom is in town so she made a huge feast !

Since I'm the only one who will even attempt Thanksgiving Dinner in my house and I hate handling raw poultry of any kind I made a Thanksgiving Casserole w/ a broccoli cheese stuffing (new recipe and it's awesome), Gullivers Corn (new recipe and it's awesome), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, mashed turnips (a double batch so I can live on them for a few days), jellied cranberry sauce, gravy and crescent rolls. For dessert, pecan pie and chocolate silk pie.

Roasted hind quarter of turkey using a turkey rub I found. Jalapeno corbread dressing with turkey sausage. Green and shelly beans. Deviled eggs and Monkey bread.

Made a pumpkin pie as well with some cool whip!

Just returned from a 8 hour food fest at my brother's home with 23 people in attendance. Appy's, drinks, wines, 25# turkey and too many sides to list. Since I grazed all afternoon, my dinner plate have very little on it, but it did have my favorite dark meat, giblet stuffing, gourmet yams (nephew is a chef) and gravy. Maybe 7-8 oz max. Small slice of carrot cake for dessert. No bloated feeling and no turkey coma afterward.

Hope everyone had a good day.

i had dinner with my family at marie callanders. for twenty dollars a plate i was not impressed. i had the ham , which was a very strange texture, almost like a ham loaf. mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potatoes that were not done. green beans and carrots that were half raw as well. salad and corn bread, the corn bread, great as always. for dessert pumpkin pit with whipped something? on it. the pie made my meal. goggled the recipe so will try it myself. already have been making the corn bread for years. the price just floors me. but when i said someone else needed to do it, this is what they came up with.

the great granddaughters were a pleasure so they were certainly worth the time i spent with them. the food not so much.

i had dinner with my family at marie callanders. for twenty dollars a plate i was not impressed. i had the ham , which was a very strange texture, almost like a ham loaf. mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potatoes that were not done. green beans and carrots that were half raw as well. salad and corn bread, the corn bread, great as always. for dessert pumpkin pit with whipped something? on it. the pie made my meal. goggled the recipe so will try it myself. already have been making the corn bread for years. the price just floors me. but when i said someone else needed to do it, this is what they came up with.

the great granddaughters were a pleasure so they were certainly worth the time i spent with them. the food not so much.

That is all the rage now, just barley warmed veggies. I hate it. I want my veggies either raw or cooked, not in between. I read some such nonsense that it preserves the vitamins. Go figure, lazy finds an excuse.

20# turkey stuffed with cornbread-sausage stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, cranberry relish, gravy, all the apps too numerous to mention, pumpkin/apple/mincemeat pies, cheesecake. Why am I not asleep?

Here was our TG Menu:

Assorted Cold Antipasti (cold cuts cheeses olives etc)

Lasagna w meaballs/sausage
Italian Bread
Green Salad

Turkey w/gravy
Stuffing (Abruzzese)
Baked Mashed Potatos
Roasted Root Vegetables
Baked Artichoke Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cranberries GrandMariner
Roasted Chestnuts
Corn Bread

Dessert

Fruit & Nuts
Brownies (2 kinds)
Pumpkin Bannana Souflee
Banana Cream Pie
Apple Cranberry Pie
Apple Quince Pie
Pumpkin Pie
SourCream Cheese Cake

I am sure I left out some things that never made it to my end of the table!

I think I am going to explode

The whole thing took about 6hrs and involved about 30 people INSANITY

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at about 3:30 p.m. so at dinnertime we had dessert ;) Pumpkin cheesecake. The dinner was roast turkey with stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and rolls.

Deep fried turkey, baked ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, cornbread dressing, giblet gravey, cranberry sauce, hot rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies.

This was my first fried turkey and it turned out well, I can't believe it took less than one hour.

Back
Top Bottom