What's for Dinner Thursday 07/29/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I want to have Fried Potatoes because I am off tonight. Eating them reheated are ok, but I prefer eating them freshly crispy cooked. The problem is I don't know what meat to have with them, usually I have Pork Chops, but I already had them lately. Any one have any suggestions?

If it doesn't rain we are having grilled chicken thighs, it it does rain we are having leftovers. Right now there is a severe thunderstorm watch until 7 PM so things are still up in the air. (no pun intended)

We're having pasta with meat sauce tonight because #1 grandson is staying over and he thinks Grampy's sauce is "Sooooo Good!". Also fresh from the farm stand corn on the cob and freshly made oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries, golden raisins and walnuts (also from the farm stand and also Sooooo Good!).

Dh has been changing out the windows in our family room and I've been helping him so I made something I wouldn't have to stand by the stove. I braised some pork chops, added a can of cream of celery soup and sliced 3 white potatoes and also made carrot and raisin salad. We will have peach ice cream for dessert. Simple, but it tastes good.

I want to have Fried Potatoes because I am off tonight. Eating them reheated are ok, but I prefer eating them freshly crispy cooked. The problem is I don't know what meat to have with them, usually I have Pork Chops, but I already had them lately. Any one have any suggestions?

Hey Patty, how about meatloaf or chicken? I actually love fried potatoes with ham as well.

It is just Dad and I (oh, it is so good to say that again!) and he still isn't eating much so I made up some small meat pies and we will have that. He isn't able to eat salad any more, so I am going to serve some tomatoes from my friend's garden and some cucumber.

Hey Patty, how about meatloaf or chicken? I actually love fried potatoes with ham as well.

It is just Dad and I (oh, it is so good to say that again!) and he still isn't eating much so I made up some small meat pies and we will have that. He isn't able to eat salad any more, so I am going to serve some tomatoes from my friend's garden and some cucumber.

I have half of a ham steak in the freezer. I didn't think about that. Thanks!:flowers:

I'm sure I'm too late, but one of my favorites with fried potatoes is an inexpensive cut of steak or chicken cooked in BBQ sauce.

I am very hungry and I am busy, so I am having a TV dinner tonight--a good quality Mexican one.

:)Barbara

I did cheeseburgers(fresh ground and not pressed into a patty, just roughly shaped) with dark sauteed mushrooms and onions, with corn on the cob as a side

Just cleaned up after dinner, but we had pot roast au jus in the crockpot, served over mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.

i finally got a country style pork rib really tender. i seasoned them then browned in a skillet. put in a cooking bag and cooked three hours on 250. just perfect. had one for dinner and shredded the rest and put into bbq sauce for a sandwich tomorrow night. i had the pasta salad i made yesterday with green beans and carrots. iced tea, gonna have strawberries and cream later. i will never eat all this pasta salad. i cooked whole package . was going to make half into "crispy pasta nibbles" i did a couple of pieces in deep oil . it was awful. so didn't do the rest. so lots and lots of pasta salad. oh, well. i like it.

Subgum Chicken Chow Mein with jasmine rice.

img_911316_0_fd452f9a86f5178e6da60551ca46963c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom