"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Shrimp Pad Thai here for this afternoon. I'm new at this....using a cheat bottled sauce for this time, and modifying a little from Andy's wonderful sounding recipe, according to what I've got on hand.

What's on everyone's plate for today?
Delicious. Should be even better next time using more authentic ingredients and with family to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	23653  

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #12
Head Chef
Pork belly brined in a mix of honey, rosemary, thyme, garlic, peppercorns, obviously salt, confited in duck fat, then cut into cubes, fat side browned, and cooked in a mod oven until everything was warmed thru, with a side of sliced potatoes, tomatoes, basil shingled.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #13
Head Chef
Baked catfish........

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
SC brought home some nice shrimp. I'm thinking maybe some Scampi. The last time mine worked out well on a bed of wilted spinach, and I'll cook up some rice or pasta for him. We also need a glorified green salad.
An excellent dinner. Salad with fresh off the vine tomatoes, and complemented with an Italian Pinot Grigio.
Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:39 AM   #15
Master Chef
We started with salads that cleaned out the baby spinach and arugula, plus added some romaine and a few garnish veggies (raw mushroom, radish, salad olives and chopped tomato). I had both Italian sausage meat and mushrooms that needed using up. I added more seasoning to the sausage meat and fried that up with onions, then added jarred spaghetti sauce and a little red wine. Mixed with fettuccine and served it up to Himself. I sauteed the mushrooms in a little olive oil, then mixed them with the last of the Alfredo sauce that needed to go. Used up the linguine with that for me.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:33 AM   #16
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
I ended up making a cheese omelet for the both of us, cut it in half and we both added our choice of salsa and sour cream.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote