What's For Dinner Thursday, 10/21/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's going to be leftovers for us. I have a new kind of squash to add to the mix. It's called sweet dumpling or something like that and I will roast it to go with the leftovers.

Sitting at my desk at work again tonight...Smoked Gouda with Rosemary and Garlic Crackers, a Cup of Earl Grey and a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.

I'm thinking either baked chicken and rice or a pot roast. Need to see what I have around here first before deciding.

Oh, Fiona that sounds sooooo good! I'm trying to figure out something that won't make a mess. I live in low income housing so I have my bi-monthly inspection tomorrow. The kitchen is CLEAN. That's quite a job as the ceramic tile floor was never sealed so getting and keeping clean grout is quite the chore. Thankfully I've managed to buy a Bissell steam mop so I don't have to break my back (I've got a slipped disc).

I have a small choice eye of round (at least that's what the package said) and since it is the end piece will be very tough, so I put it in the oven at 275 like Kayelle said and added a capful of vinegar and a capful of liquid smoke and covered it with foil.

I'll have that with some fresh carrots cooked up with a sliced onion and maybe some brown sugar. I'm open to suggestions on the carrots.

Last edited:
Oh, Fiona that sounds sooooo good! ...I'll have that with some fresh carrots cooked up with a sliced onion and maybe some brown sugar. I'm open to suggestions on the carrots.

I was thinking it sounded kinda of small, this portioning is working, but geez, only an ounce of cheese???:)...Shrek and I LOVE honey-lemon glazed carrots. Just use lemon juice if you have it. Boil the carrots till tender, drain leaving about a tablespoon of water in pan, stir in honey and lemon juice to taste, toss carrots back in a stir to coat.

Not sure about dinner yet BUT Brunch for 3: Ham, mushroom, onion, egg & cheese omelet (diced Country ham (leftover from last night), sliced mushrooms & onions sautéed in butter & hot chili pepper infused EVOO. Heat lowered to medium high. Eggs scrambled with sea salt, ground peppercorns & ½ & ½ added to pan. Bottom of eggs allowed to set then edges lifted to allow raw egg to flow underneath set eggs. When only the top slightly unset layer is left shredded cheddar is sprinkled down the center and pan is covered and removed from heat. Allow to steam a bit to finish setting top layer and cheese to melt. Fold one side over to middle and cover the cheese, slide onto plate and fold other side over. Top with additional cheddar and cover briefly to melt.)

img_928848_0_c310d42b0c6439b5c3d93ece99f6995e.jpg

Forgot today was Thursday!!. :ohmy:
I could have slept in! Not have to rush to make hubby's dinner and get it done on time. It's the weekend around here.

Ahh well the menu will still be the same. I'll bake up some Taco bowls, Grill up some chicken breasts, cook some ground beef for the boys. Home made Refries and Spanish rice, and make fresh batch of chili sauce.

I'm awake... really :LOL:

Munky.

Just cleaned the fridge so it's dabas for us. Veal sausages with baked beans and stewed zuccini with tomatoes, onions and celery.

Pork loin seared and roasted with rosemary, garlic and onions. Have to decide on the sides in a few hours.

Sounds delicious. How about some roasted potatoes in the pan to soak up the flavors of the meat and herbs and veggies?

A baked winter squash would go well with this too.

I got some money I have been waiting for forever. I'm off to buy some groceries and wine. I'll be pooped out from that, so tonight's supper will probably be the roasted chicken from Costco.

:chef:Beef Tacos, I found a very tasty meat recipe here.
Refried Beans
Spanish Rice
And Pineapple Upside Down Cake for Dessert

img_928924_0_8a37909514e987747ffcebbdfb63eefa.jpg

img_928924_1_79fee9297dea297f1015d2cab474db4f.jpg

I was all set for B/S chicken breasts and brown rice but then I got a hankerin' for steak so my wife is stopping to pick up some top sirloins on sale.Not my favorite steak but a nice change once in a while.

Dinner is a replay of the other night with stand in linguine.
Spinach & Chive Linguine topped with homemade mushroom sauce (fresh garlic, onion & sliced mushrooms, ground dry porcini mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, chopped fresh basil & oregano sautéed in chili pepper infused EVOO then plain tomato sauce & burgundy wine added) & fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and a loaded salad.

img_928940_0_2ef48e80a86c3971c20163052eb2c704.jpg

Was out all day with Dad so quick and easy tonight - ham and pineapple pizza on both gluten free and regular crusts I made and froze awhile back.

Back
Top Bottom