"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

What's For Dinner Thursday, 10/21/10?

It's going to be leftovers for us. I have a new kind of squash to add to the mix. It's called sweet dumpling or something like that and I will roast it to go with the leftovers.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sitting at my desk at work again tonight...Smoked Gouda with Rosemary and Garlic Crackers, a Cup of Earl Grey and a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Master Chef

I'm thinking either baked chicken and rice or a pot roast. Need to see what I have around here first before deciding.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, Fiona that sounds sooooo good! I'm trying to figure out something that won't make a mess. I live in low income housing so I have my bi-monthly inspection tomorrow. The kitchen is CLEAN. That's quite a job as the ceramic tile floor was never sealed so getting and keeping clean grout is quite the chore. Thankfully I've managed to buy a Bissell steam mop so I don't have to break my back (I've got a slipped disc).

I have a small choice eye of round (at least that's what the package said) and since it is the end piece will be very tough, so I put it in the oven at 275 like Kayelle said and added a capful of vinegar and a capful of liquid smoke and covered it with foil.

I'll have that with some fresh carrots cooked up with a sliced onion and maybe some brown sugar. I'm open to suggestions on the carrots.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Oh, Fiona that sounds sooooo good! ...I'll have that with some fresh carrots cooked up with a sliced onion and maybe some brown sugar. I'm open to suggestions on the carrots.
I was thinking it sounded kinda of small, this portioning is working, but geez, only an ounce of cheese???...Shrek and I LOVE honey-lemon glazed carrots. Just use lemon juice if you have it. Boil the carrots till tender, drain leaving about a tablespoon of water in pan, stir in honey and lemon juice to taste, toss carrots back in a stir to coat.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfiona60 View Post
sitting at my desk at work again tonight...smoked gouda with rosemary and garlic crackers, a cup of earl grey and a philly cheesesteak sandwich.
yummy pf!!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Master Chef

Not sure about dinner yet BUT Brunch for 3: Ham, mushroom, onion, egg & cheese omelet (diced Country ham (leftover from last night), sliced mushrooms & onions sautéed in butter & hot chili pepper infused EVOO. Heat lowered to medium high. Eggs scrambled with sea salt, ground peppercorns & ½ & ½ added to pan. Bottom of eggs allowed to set then edges lifted to allow raw egg to flow underneath set eggs. When only the top slightly unset layer is left shredded cheddar is sprinkled down the center and pan is covered and removed from heat. Allow to steam a bit to finish setting top layer and cheese to melt. Fold one side over to middle and cover the cheese, slide onto plate and fold other side over. Top with additional cheddar and cover briefly to melt.)

Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Cabbage and Weenies......
Musgoes........
Chocolate Ice Cream......

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
Honey Badger

Forgot today was Thursday!!.
I could have slept in! Not have to rush to make hubby's dinner and get it done on time. It's the weekend around here.

Ahh well the menu will still be the same. I'll bake up some Taco bowls, Grill up some chicken breasts, cook some ground beef for the boys. Home made Refries and Spanish rice, and make fresh batch of chili sauce.

I'm awake... really

Munky.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Head Chef

Just cleaned the fridge so it's dabas for us. Veal sausages with baked beans and stewed zuccini with tomatoes, onions and celery.