What's for dinner? Thursday 10-29-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I have some shrimp that needs to be used, so I'll be having the shrimp tacos I've been craving. :yum: Not sure yet if I'll skewer the shrimp and grill them, or throw on a sheet pan and roast.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Last edited:
Mahi mahi on the grill with a pineapple jalapeno salsa, red potatoes, and green beans.

We're having a day of unusually warm weather (70 F), so a grill dinner is definitely in order.

I have some shrimp that needs to be used, so I'll be having the shrimp tacos I've been craving. :yum: Not sure yet if I'll skewer the shrimp and grill them, or throw on a sheet pan and roast.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Cheryl, the best skewered grilled shrimp I've ever done was brushing them with melted butter, and a heavy sprinkle on both sides of Tajin. Did you get some?
You've inspired me....
I'll do that for dinner tonight, along with a basket of grilled veggies, and some corn tortillas for my man.:yum:

Last edited:
Not sure, I just got back from a little vacation and I started with dessert ! Puff pastry, fresh whipped cream & strawberries.

img_1441974_0_57e5f20fb5bccdc7cfdb46f464b9c9e0.jpg

Looks good, S&P!

We get another United Way take and bake. Meatloaf, party potatoes, and dessert. DH is interested in corn to go along with it.

I still have about a half a casserole of baked beans. Into the freezer in portions. Thanks for the reminder KL I re-put Tajin seasoning on my grocery shopping list. That and some True Lemon/ True Lime.

I bet it would go well with Steve K's Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes I am making for dinner today. I will boost the chili powder in his recipe with some cumin-taco seasoning. Alongside I am making fresh pineapple jalapeno cole slaw.

Last edited:
I still have about a half a casserole of baked beans. Into the freezer in portions. Thanks for the reminder KL I re-put Tajin seasoning on my grocery shopping list. That and some True Lemon/ True Lime.

I bet it would go well with Steve K's Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes I am making for dinner today. I will boost the chili powder in his recipe with some cumin-taco seasoning. Alongside I am making fresh pineapple jalapeno cole slaw.

Tajin is also killer on fruit Whiska. It would be great in that pineapple cole slaw!

Kay....dagnabbit. I forgot to pick up some Tajin again. It's now on my fridge whiteboard with large asterisks. :) With all the rave reviews from so many of y'all, I must get some!

Whisk...I need to look up Steve's recipe for Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes. That sounds like something I would really like. I often roast sweet potato wedges drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with cinnamon. Yum.

Joey, welcome back! Your strawberry dessert looks delicious.

Sounds like it's time to make another meatloaf - I'm inspired by the recent posts.

Last edited:
Meatloaf with mushroom gravy (though I will make some plain gravy for Kay). We will also have steamed veggies and mashed potatoes.

Chicken Parmesan served over a nice linguine. I made a peach pie for tomorrow but feel it may get a tasting tonight:yum:.

Ahhh, we just finished off a never ending meatloaf!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom