What's for dinner? Thursday 11-29-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to have Mexican today, not because I had a craving, but because I had to trim some epazote from my hydroponic plant, and had to use it! I had some cremini that I wanted to use, so I made a batch of Spicy Pasilla-Mushroom Tacos, from Rick Bayless's Kitchen, which calls for a quarter cup of epazote. I had some of that pasilla paste in the freezer, which is the most time consuming part of the recipe. I added some dried porcinis, soaked and cleaned, since I didn't have the more flavorful mushrooms called for, but I've made it with white mushrooms, and it's still delicious. Good without the epazote, as well, but like a lot of things, once you have it, it's not the same without!

Last Night's Fish and Chips - a Zippy Salad ...

Fish and Chips.jpg

Salad, Jalapeno.jpg

homemade chicken salad with grapes, egg, toasted pecans, cranberries and sweet salad cubes with a surprisingly good cantaloupe I bought at the farmers market.

I am in Connecticut today, and not one of the few nice parts of the state, so the best I could do was Olive Garden. Decent chicken parm, with overcooked spaghetti and mediocre sauce. Better than fast food, but not by a lot.

CD
Soup, salad and bread sticks are the best choices at Olive Garden, imo. Haven't been in a long time (used to stop there for lunch while shopping, but with peripheral neuropathy and online shopping, I don't do that much anymore), but I would make a meal out of those items.

Yes, Casey, browned and braised in a CI dutch oven is the way to go and you are so right, they are so tender with a long braise. Those wonderful little browned bits and pan drippin's are so good so I always make a gravy. :yum: Unfortunately, I have yet to see short ribs on the managers specials. :huh:

I was starving this afternoon and it's cloudy today so the natural lighting was bad, but here's a pic from a couple of months ago. YUM

Look's soo good!

Back
Top Bottom