What's For Dinner Thursday 11th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I run to the corner store today it will be seared scallops. If not, Himself offhandedly said he would make tonight's dinner since it took me so long to make Chinese yesterday. ( ALL those fresh veggies - oy!) If he cooks it will be scrambled eggs with cheese, country ham, and hash browns.

Pulled pork on rolls and sweet potato fries. I will have mine without the roll, and will add in some other veggie. The pork is in the crock pot with A-1 dry rub (sweet mesquite BBQ flavor). It smells really good.:yum:

Probably leftovers. I'm alone again tonight for dinner/supper. Had the last of the dental work done this afternoon so I'm thinking the unstuffed cabbage on mashed again. It was really good last night and is usually better the next day.

What is the variation? Is it something I might want to try sometime? I'm always looking for chicken dishes. :)

LOL, it's just me using up foodstuffs I have in stock. I boil up a small bit of Barilla whole grain rotini, microwave some cut up bits of Trader Joes frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken (without the mandarin orange sauce), then heat that up with some home canned pizza sauce and stir in the pasta when it is cooked. Top with a generous amount of parmesan cheese:). I tried it last night and considered it a success.

LOL, it's just me using up foodstuffs I have in stock. I boil up a small bit of Barilla whole grain rotini, microwave some cut up bits of Trader Joes frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken (without the mandarin orange sauce), then heat that up with some home canned pizza sauce and stir in the pasta when it is cooked. Top with a generous amount of parmesan cheese:). I tried it last night and considered it a success.

That sounds good to me. I could go for that! Thanks. I always like new ideas.

Putting all my culinary skills and techniques to the test today. De-frosting, Opening containers , slicing, dicing, boiling/ simmnering, grilling and chilling, mixing and mingling. Requires No Whisking.
Result: Chicken Pesto Primavera with fettuccine and assorted veggies. Oh, and fishing—for olives in the bottom of the jar. I think this counts as clean out the fridge day, so I can cross that off the to-do list. :angel:

There are times like this it would be good to have a trained/ experienced Canary in the Coal Mine to test what's in all those little containers. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom