What's for Dinner? Thursday 11th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Making some Reuben Style Burgers with shavings of smoked ham, sauerkraut, homemade patties, german mustard and sourcream dressing and thin slices of swiss cheese all served on sourdough rye rolls :yum:
Not sure what or if I should serve this with any sides. Any ideas?

Your schnitzels sound great too :) Never thought of bake beans as a side, I usually eat my shnitzel with baby beets and sour cream or sauerkraut.

Thank you Snip...we like to have baked beans as a side to a few meals...especially with sausages :yum:

That sounds great, Snip.
A couple pickles on the plate would work for me as a side :yum:

I am thinking tonight I will make a Vortex Grill double coronary by-pass burger. I try to make one a year. There will be no sides :pig:

Happy 10/11/12 to you too Aunt Bea, and the rest of us as well :cool:.

I can tell it's going to be a good day.

I think I remember reading about Pac's Double Cornonary By-Pass Vortex Burger :yum: about this time a year ago when I rediscovered DC. We have Juicy Lucy's here ( double burger w/ molten cheese sealed inside), and any toppings are extra. I can safely say that they don't quite measure up to your's. :pig:

Sweet potatoes were 39 cents a pound at the grocery yesterday, so it's going to be something-sweet potato-something. I'd love to have just a big pile of sweet 'tater fries, but that's not really very healthful. No idea what else.

after our Canadian thanksgiving feast this past weekend....and too much turkey, I fancy eating mostly vegetables for the next week. Want to try a millet loaf too.
So tonight, it's carrot/tomato soup with bread, maybe some cheese slices, and homemade fruit salad for dessert. Sometimes I bake my bowl of fruit salad, and top it with yogurt and granola. DH likes his cold.

Burgers, probably Juicy Lucy style. Not sure about sides, if any.

I got called in to work today when I hadn't planned on it so I'm just now getting home. I'm thinking of throwing a pan of lasagna from the freezer into the oven in a few minutes and have that with salads. I had thought of making burgers but don't have any buns and don't feel like going back out to get them.

Meatballs with gravy, buttered noodles and green beans. I might meander up to the store and bring back a carton of ice cream later. Not Too Much Later though.,

I just finished off a bag of sweet & salty trail mix. Not sure I'll get to my burger now... but I've got everything anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom