What's For Dinner Thursday 13th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one else eating tonight?:rolleyes:

Couldn't resist some beautiful, perfect green tomatoes at the market on Tuesday. We'll have fried green tomatoes, barbecued chicken breasts on the grill, maybe another side, iced tea and nearly the last of the strawberry bundt cake.

Not sure if we'll have anything other than the tomatoes and the chicken as the chicken breasts are quite large and we can almost make a meal on fried green tomatoes.

Can't wait for dinner.

No one else eating tonight?:rolleyes:

Couldn't resist some beautiful, perfect green tomatoes at the market on Tuesday. We'll have fried green tomatoes, barbecued chicken breasts on the grill, maybe another side, iced tea and nearly the last of the strawberry bundt cake.

Not sure if we'll have anything other than the tomatoes and the chicken as the chicken breasts are quite large and we can almost make a meal on fried green tomatoes.

Can't wait for dinner.

yummmy

Got lots of taco meat leftover from the other night. Also have some crescent rolls. Thinking of doing up a taco ring using the rolls. Have sour cream and cheese and shredded lettuce too. I might do individual mini pies in my pie maker. Not sure which way I'll end up doing them but that's where I'm starting.

Finishing up the leftovers from earlier this week ... Pasta, steak n peppers, or pizza. No sure yet...maybe a combo.

was in Santa Fe yesterday having my geriatric electric car windows checked out, and had to drive right by Trader Joes...picked up an employee favorite of frozen mandarin orange chicken...am cooking up some rice to heat with the chicken later on..

I picked up a chicken when I was in Wally World earlier today. I may stick something up its butt and put it on the grill tonight. It depends how much gumption I have for making the sides... should have picked up some macaroni salad too I guess.

Don't know what dinner will be tonight. There's a storm going through right now, so we'll see if the power holds out. I could make sweet & sour chicken or chicken fajitas. They have the same basic ingredients, just different seasonings.

Last edited:
I took home a few steak samples from a supplier. One tenderloin, one strip loin and one rib eye. We grilled them on the electric grill and sliced them up and shared them. We all had our favorites but, I think the rib eye won out. The strip was a lot more beefier and I am a diehard rib eye fan but still would have had more of it. The tenderloin was long on tender but lacked in flavor compared to the others....

Oh, yeah. We had Cesar salad, asparagus and fried mushrooms to go with that

Surprising because I didn't remember it was in there. It's just leftover hash brown casserole.

Whew.

I was reflecting on some inedible objects to be found in past freezers; whole feathered turkey wings for BIL's arrow making projects, various organ meats for a friend's dog food, whole unidentified birds...

was in Santa Fe yesterday having my geriatric electric car windows checked out, and had to drive right by Trader Joes...picked up an employee favorite of frozen mandarin orange chicken...am cooking up some rice to heat with the chicken later on..

Beth, that TJ's Mandarin orange chicken is a big favorite in this house! I microwave the sauce in a Pyrex 2cup and add fresh orange juice to it to make it go further for the chicken over the rice. When browning the chicken pieces in some oil I add some sticks of green onion, and bell pepper chunks at the end of the cooking. We like it much better than any Chinese take out place.:)

Tonight we're having grilled chicken thighs that have been marinating along with grilled veggies. Garlic toast will find it's way to the grill too.

Another beautiful evening on the deck! Chinook Salmon, lots of green stuff, and a bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette. :yum:

img_1274632_0_7af3ec2ce57e11b7ab2c96a75128efe5.jpg

Jambalaya, crawfish pie, file' gumbo........well maybe just the Jambalaya and a salad ;)

I bought some andouille sausage that was different than what I have purchased before, this was already cooked/smoked?? It's kind of like hard salami, it was in links about a foot long. It's called "Leon's Andouille sausage" I thought when I had andouille before it was raw in links. Anybody know much about andouille? Anyway I put some in the jambalaya ;)

Another beautiful evening on the deck! Chinook Salmon, lots of green stuff, and a bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette. :yum:

img_1274637_0_7af3ec2ce57e11b7ab2c96a75128efe5.jpg
Your dinner and wine look wonderful Steve! We just returned Sunday from a private rail trip to the Willamette valley up in Oregon and had the pleasure of tasting some really outstanding wines at several vineyards there. Those folks sure put out an outstanding Pinot Noir, and that's from a California girl. ;)

Jambalaya, crawfish pie, file' gumbo........well maybe just the Jambalaya and a salad ;)

I bought some andouille sausage that was different than what I have purchased before, this was already cooked/smoked?? It's kind of like hard salami, it was in links about a foot long. It's called "Leon's Andouille sausage" I thought when I had andouille before it was raw in links. Anybody know much about andouille? Anyway I put some in the jambalaya ;)

Is Leon still selling that stuff?
:angel:
Sonofagun gone have some fun on the Bayou... :yum:

That sounds great. I need to get my Cajun fix on soon. I've got some file powder I haven't even used yet :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom