What's for dinner Thursday 22nd Dec 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beef stew made from various leftovers: braised shin, gravy, roasted root veg...over noodles. I love a throw together from the fridge using up leftovers in a creative way.

Steve took me out to dinner for my birthday. I never expected to see liver and onions on the menu and I've been craving liver since we were all talking about it the other day. Steve doesn't like liver so I haven't cooked it since we've been married.
Surprisingly it was cooked perfectly (slightly pink) with two big thick slices of bacon and the onions and sliced apples were cooked perfectly too. Dinner also had a nice baked potato and crisp tender green beans just the way I like them. It was really a perfect meal. We often eat fancy meals when we travel but this was just right for me tonight. :yum:
Steve had Chicken Piccada and he enjoyed it very much.

Kayelle said:
Steve took me out to dinner for my birthday. I never expected to see liver and onions on the menu and I've been craving liver since we were all talking about it the other day. Steve doesn't like liver so I haven't cooked it since we've been married.
Surprisingly it was cooked perfectly (slightly pink) with two big thick slices of bacon and the onions and sliced apples were cooked perfectly too. Dinner also had a nice baked potato and crisp tender green beans just the way I like them. It was really a perfect meal. We often eat fancy meals when we travel but this was just right for me tonight. :yum:

What a fun birthday, Kayelle! So glad they had just the right menu!

Not feeling well, so I missed the outing to Lotus Bleu. They ordered too much food, so my DH brought home a number of dishes. Lamb noodle soup, cumin beef, some hot and sweet shrimp dish, and seaweed salad. The cumin beef was particularly yummy. I usually like the seaweed salad, but today when I had some I thought, "But, it's made of seaweed." :LOL:

happy belated birthday wishes to you, kayelle.:) it sounds as if your birthday meal came as an answer to your unspoken wish. i too have liver on my mind lately. hope i don't have to wait until september for mine, though...:)

msmofet said:
What's the tradition behind fried foods? I know the miracle of the oil for the lamps lasting 8 days but not the reason for fried foods. Please educatate me. I love learning new things.

Exactly the same reason for everything fried in the oil.

Curry Lamb chops broiled

an interesting preparation I discovered

if you like lamb you may or may not like this because it doesent taste like lamb when you do it according to my instructions

simply take a lamb chop
tenderize it very well with the but end of a chinese cleaver or something similar
I have used back of butter knives and even my fists
you need to pound it well to get it to be paper thin
salt and pepper both sides rub it in
and pound some more

rub curry powder on both sides and pound some more
this works the seasonings into the meat
a very important part of the recipe

broil for 30 minutes yes 30 minutes or until well done you want the
broiling to take effect we need a little blackening of the outside

some of you may cringe
but the char broiling reacts to the curry very well and transforms the flavor of the lamb

I have tried it using normal cooking methods like searing
and locking in the juices cooking so it is still very juicy
it is a different taste entirely although both methods yield a very tender pull apart cut of meat
no knife needed

give it a shot if you like it let me know.

Whoa, my bad. :wacko:
I had no idea someone dredged up a dinner thread from long ago when I posted tonight's dinner.
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom