What's for dinner Thursday 22nd Dec 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
I will be cooking a spicy lentil soup. And dipping in Yorkshire Puddings. Yes I have a slight obsession with dipping yorkshire puds in things lately, it's awesome.

cheesy skillet lasagna

from the bon appetit too busy to cook volume two
it took me 8 years to finally remember what this book was called I never knew there was a volume two ]
i bought the book just for this recipe

Early thoughts are to take another slice of prime rib and turn it into a beef and noodles kind of thing... maybe stroganoff.

Pork loin chops, broccoli and wild blend rice pilaf.

It's Chanukah, so a lot of fried things. Potato pancakes, zucchini pancakes, buckwheat pancakes (shhh don't tell anybody, the last ones are form a box), teast pancakes with lots of sour cream, apple sauce, and salmon red caviar.
Also my son is visiting from the school, he asked for onion soup. So onion soup it is.

It's Chanukah, so a lot of fried things. Potato pancakes, zucchini pancakes, buckwheat pancakes (shhh don't tell anybody, the last ones are form a box), teast pancakes with lots of sour cream, apple sauce, and salmon red caviar.
Also my son is visiting from the school, he asked for onion soup. So onion soup it is.
What's the tradition behind fried foods? I know the miracle of the oil for the lamps lasting 8 days but not the reason for fried foods. Please educatate me. I love learning new things.

It's great day here. Temp is mid-50s and the sun is shining. I'm grilling some kielbasa. Sweet potato and a veggie will accompany the sausage.

we're having panko breaded chicken breasts, and along with the condiments thread, i put champagne maple mustard on mine. my boy uses mae ploy sauce.

Got a partial jar of spaghetti sauce, some parm and moz, and turkey pepperoni. Hmm.

Oh, and a can of minced clams!

Last edited:
I plan on making potato latkas, w/ roast chicken if time permits. And Sufganiyot! YUMMMMM

Very interesting. They sound delish! Thanks!

Last edited:
Pan-fried boneless pork loin chops, microwave steamed fresh broccoli and homemade creamy mushroom parmesan shells.

img_1086686_0_9b80bf76d8702860b64aa4da4ca23b43.jpg

Back
Top Bottom