What's for Dinner? Thursday 4th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Making my favourite tonight! Smoked pork ribs with sweet potato baked in the skins and homemade sauerkraut. :yum:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making kale soup. The inspiration for which is this recipe:

Recipe Details

I use homemade sausage (kielbasa works well, and it is a delicious soup without the sausage as well) and veggie broth and, since the potatoes I dug earlier this week are Norlands (don't have Yukon Gold this year, and Kennebecs are farther down the row, haven't gotten there yet), I will use Norlands (a red potato). I like that this recipe because it is like a cream soup, but without the cream. The pureed potatoes thicken it. I might add some diced tomato, carrots, and celery as well. And, I might even make some 12-minute Yogurt Biscuits (The New Chatelaine Cookbook, p. 219) which is similar to this recipe Yogurt Biscuits Recipe.

Last edited:
I'm defrosting a small pork sirloin roast. I'll make a string bean and tomato veggie side dish and maybe a little potato for me.

Making my favourite tonight! Smoked pork ribs with sweet potato baked in the skins and homemade sauerkraut. :yum:
Mmmm... sounds great. And reminds me that I need to get a batch of homemade sauerkraut going.

Tonight we're having Greek shrimp salads. Just a quick meal before we head off to a wine tasting.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going here for dinner tonight!
Old Surrey Restaurant

I think I am going for the End of Summer menu with the Bisque, Lamb and Creme Caramel, but I have lots of time to change my mind :angel:
Sounds delish! The End of Summer menu offers a lot of the same choices from the tasting menu. I'd probably pick the same things, but skip the creme caramel and have a B52 (it is your b'day, after all and you did say you made a cake...). How fun!

Oh that sounds tasty! I've printed the page to give it a try sometime soon.
Have fun with it. Use seafood (shrimp etc.) in place of beef, add fresh veggies (bok choy, mushrooms, etc.), garlic, scallions, broth of choice. I'm using what I have on hand. (Don't care for star anise or addition of cinnamon.) Go by your taste & ingredients you like. I may make it in the slow cooker & add vegetables at the end. BTW, like your new avatar :)

Killer hot wings. I want to make my mouth burn. Don't ask me why.

pacanis said:
Killer hot wings. I want to make my mouth burn. Don't ask me why.

Okay, I won't. Bad mouth! Bad, bad!

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
Old Surrey Restaurant

I think I am going for the End of Summer menu with the Bisque, Lamb and Creme Caramel, but I have lots of time to change my mind :angel:

Can't wait to hear about the date, LP! The menu sounds wonderful!

LPBeier said:
Old Surrey Restaurant

Have a great time LP! I haven't been to the Old Surrey Restaurant in years....the menu sounds wonderful. The Halloween Murder sounds like fun too! Maybe some day....
I wasn't meant to be home for dinner, but my appointment got cancelled at the last minute so DH has kindly offered to share the "big salad" he had made for himself.....so that will be dinner tonight with fresh blackberry rhubarb crisp and ice cream for dessert. Lol! I just realized that the above was quite the "run on sentence"!

Last edited:
Mmmm... sounds great. And reminds me that I need to get a batch of homemade sauerkraut going.

Tonight we're having Greek shrimp salads. Just a quick meal before we head off to a wine tasting.

Thanks Steve :)
It was delicious! I love smoked pork and sauerkraut in my opinion must be homemade. Store bought is just not the same.
I would have gladly swapped my meal for your shrimp and wine tasting after!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom