What's for dinner Thursday 5/13/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
I was so set on making Kades fried cabbage yesterday, but didn't have anything in my freezer I wanted with it, so that is on my menu for today. Going grocery shopping and getting me some nice fat porkchops to go with it.

What's everyone else have planned for today?

I have center cut, bone in pork chops and baby spinach. I also have 1 tomato, 1/2 of each green and red bell peppers, carrots, celery and sliced mushrooms that need to be used. So I will try to use as much of that as possible.

I'm not cooking for the next 4 days. I'm attending a convention of interpreters here in town so will be eating there this weekend.

I've had bone-in country-style ribs rubbed and wrapped in plastic in the fridge for a couple of days. They go on the grill tonight. Tossed salad on the side.

I've had bone-in country-style ribs rubbed and wrapped in plastic in the fridge for a couple of days. They go on the grill tonight. Tossed salad on the side.
whats in the rub andy? sounds yummy.

whats in the rub andy? sounds yummy.

I'm not sure where I got this. Probably from Emeril because it has his Essence in it. I use it on pulled pork too.

6 TB Dark Brown Sugar
4 TB Emeril's Essence
2 TB Salt
2 TB Cumin
2 TB Paprika
2 TB Black Pepper
2 TB Cayenne

I'm not sure where I got this. Probably from Emeril because it has his Essence in it. I use it on pulled pork too.

6 TB Dark Brown Sugar
4 TB Emeril's Essence
2 TB Salt
2 TB Cumin
2 TB Paprika
2 TB Black Pepper
2 TB Cayenne
thank you andy, sounds good.

A grocery store in our area has whole ribeyes for 4.99 a pound so I'm going to get one and have it cut into steaks. Maybe we will have that for dinner with parsley new potatoes and roast asparagus. Gs will want some lemon failure cake if I can find the recipe.

Lunch was a spinach, garlic and pesto wrap (burrito size) stuffed with smoked ham salad (Hormel brand canned smoked ham flaked with mayo, celery, green onion (scallion), red and green bell pepper, salt and ground 4 blend peppercorns) and I used baby spinach instead of lettuce on the wrap and served dried cherries and cranberries on the side. I shared 1/2 of this wrap with my daughter.

img_896044_0_4fab60ccce3e86881f0d3c6da92fa5cd.jpg

Now I need to figure out an exciting and new way to serve pork chops.

Leftover baked chicken. I may not have too much of it, I had a HUGE burger at lunch and am still feeling full, so maybe just a thigh and some salad for me.

Dinner was pan fried center cut, bone in pork chops (seasoned with poultry seasoning and My herb and spice blend grinder - 4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt (Large crystals), Garlic (Dry Minced ), Onion (Dry Flakes), Thyme (Dry Leaves), Rosemary (Dry Leaves), Red pepper flakes) served with my thrown together dried fruit sauce (apricot preserves, orange juice, champagne vinegar, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, several fine grinds of EACH red pepper flakes, cinnamon and sea salt), buttered steamed baby spinach, buttered steamed carrot coins.

img_896087_0_4eb47fcf9452ee2a5e6c4c7f97040f7c.jpg

made a shrimp scampi, used the garlic butter i made last week. stirred in some jasmine rice. finished cooking up brussel and leaks. kinda strong for a fish dish.but needed to use them up.

going to a little play my granddaughter is in at her church. will have mixed berries with just a touch of splenda brown . and a small spoon of sour cream. when i get home. had some for a snack last night and it was just wonderful.

Very warm here today and we had a big lunch (A&W) so I picked up a rotisserie chicken, cut that up with some roast beef, ham and salami and put out 3 different salads and we had a cold plate buffet! Went over very well.

Dinner was pan fried center cut, bone in pork chops (seasoned with poultry seasoning and My herb and spice blend grinder - 4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt (Large crystals), Garlic (Dry Minced ), Onion (Dry Flakes), Thyme (Dry Leaves), Rosemary (Dry Leaves), Red pepper flakes) served with my thrown together dried fruit sauce (apricot preserves, orange juice, champagne vinegar, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, several fine grinds of EACH red pepper flakes, cinnamon and sea salt), buttered steamed baby spinach, buttered steamed carrot coins.

Looks great, Ms M! :)

Bowtie pasta with a garlic/blue cheese/fire-roasted tomato/mushroom/red wine sauce. Green salad on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom