What's for dinner? Thursday, 8-16-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled bratwurst with sauerkraut, German potato salad and a few marinated pickles last night.
0816182022b.jpg

I ended up slicing up the best part of that grilled rib eye and pretty much called it a steak salad dinner. :) I'll probably cut up a bit more for steak and eggs for breakfast tomorrow, and maybe the rest of it for a sandwich or a fajita in the afternoon. It's hard for me to chow down a whole steak in one meal. :ermm::LOL:

We do the same... :)

Ross

The fancy Italian name comes at about three times the price. ;) I buy broccoli crowns, so I don't have any stem waste. We can't really tell a difference between the two. still, I'll get sucked into buying a cute bunch of broccolini every once in a while...

Hmm, I sure can tell the flavor difference between the two. Yep it's more expensive than broccoli, but then there's tenderloin vs. bottom round. ;)

Hmm, I sure can tell the flavor difference between the two. Yep it's more expensive than broccoli, but then there's tenderloin vs. bottom round. ;)

I agree with you Kayelle, we much prefer Broccolini to Broccoli.
It has a milder flavor.
Have you tried Gai Lan or sometimes seen as Kai Lan?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gai_lan
DELICIOUS!!
You eat the entire plant, well, maybe minus the roots ;)
I was able to find this at the Asian Market in Southern AZ,
but here with the cowboys, no such luck.
I suppose we could take a day trip down the PHX,
but that's like taking your life in your hands. :wacko:
They're crazy down there!

We certainly can tell the difference between tenderloin and bottom round. We can easily afford one of them! :LOL: At least pork tenderloins are cheap by us. Cheaper than bologna or hot dogs, in fact.

Kayelle, we actually like the more flavorful broccoli, so that might be why I think that broccolini is "pricey". Then again, Himself and I actually enjoy and eat those Evil Little Green Balls known as Brussels Sprouts. :-p :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom