What's for Dinner Thursday April 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am off to Vancouver for the morning so we have switched up meals again. I'll take a tuna sandwich with an apple to eat on the way home and DH will have his during work this evening.

Main meal (DH at lunch me at dinner) is lemon dill marinated grilled prawn skewers with rice and snap peas.

What's cooking in your house today? :)

We'll be eating one of my favorites: a bacon & asparagus pasta dish with tomato sauce. Is it dinner time yet?

I have moved to the other end of the bird tonight yes its Turkey neck soup with Feta proja.
garden 2 033.jpg

Since it's pizza on the menu for tomorrow, We're having our individual medley dinner tonight. SO is having a tortilla bowl salad with roast chicken and I'm having leftover marinated and smoked pork shoulder.

Chicken Zelda in our house tonight. I'm thinking over orzo or quinoa. I'm craving caesar salad too so thats coming up. I haven't determined which cooked veggie to use, but I'm thinking maybe just some green beans or corn.

Baked Plaice: Poisson à La Crème aux Champions

Good Evening,

Plaice, a firm white fish which hails from the Northern Atlantic, Ireland the the British Isles, and the Biscay Bay area of the Iberian Peninsula was the daily catch today at my fish monger´s ...

This dish combines: Chantarelle Mushrooms or seasonal availability in your vicinty, crushed tomato, cream, A shot glass of Cognac or Brandy and Thyme Herb. The finale is it is broiled for Au Gratin with French cheese Raclett or French cheese of choice and availability.

Some baguette to dip into the sauce.

This shall pair with a Sauvignon Blanc and a lollo rosso serrated green slightly sweet lettuce with magenta edges and a vinaigrette ...

We do not over eat at night. We prefer to have a couple of glasses of wine ...

*** The recipe is posted on the Fish Section.

Margi.

Shrimp Noodle Bowls with mixed vegetables - broccoli, mushrooms, carrots baby bok choy, ginger & garlic.

Don't know yet. It's the yungun's birthday today (23!!) and DH is out of town on business so we may go out to his choice of restaurants.

Several times over the last week or so, out of the blue James has said, "porcupine meatballs." When I headed to the freezer last night to take something out, I asked James what kind of meat I should take out. He said ground beef.

Now if I can just figure out what to make with it. :D

Making Chicken cooked with white wine and 40 cloves of garlic. Hope I'm well stocked with breath mints. :rolleyes:

You can't be as bad as all the West Virginia's around here with their ramps lately. I can hardly get near a couple of co workers, nor my husband for that matter!

I am in the process of making lasagna (yes with ricotta cheese!) :)

Turkey drumsticks marinated in brown sugar, ginger, pineapple juice, and lite soy. I'll add some of the pineapple chunks when I bake them.

I don't add the chunks to the marinade as they get an unpleasant brown. By adding them as a topping they get caramelized and are pretty as well as yummy.

Mrs. 40 C is cooking tonight. :)

As she explained, her BFFWWW (best friend forever in the whole wide world) gave her a recipe for crock pot chicken cordon bleu via text message.

Looks and smells good. It's wrapped in bacon so it can't possibly be bad.

Back
Top Bottom