What's for Dinner Thursday April 23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dad gave me a monetary gift as I did his income tax and the refund came back today, so I decided I wanted to spend it back on him. I took him and DH to a really nice Greek/Italian restaurant just 2 blocks away (DH used to be the pizza cook there).

Dad had beef souvlaki, DH had chicken souvlaki, and I had their house special pizza and a salad. It was wonderful. Got pizza left for breakfast tomorrow....I like it cold!

I didn't know what to make for myself.

Mark had a garden salad with wheat bread with butter.

There were some potatoes I had to use. So I made scalloped potatoes... or almost like. The ingredients are sliced red bell pepper, yellow onion, green onion, garlic, sour cream, mozz and parmesan cheeses. It's been in the oven for over an hour... I think it might be done.. I hope it turned out :ermm:.... kind of a throw-together thing!

I made seared tuna tacos with an asian slaw and cilantro vinagriette. I made this at work at the restaurant haha and then took them home for supper.

I will make Roast Pork With Green Apples and Golden Squash. Sounds yummy, huh? Here is the recipe:

Roast Pork With Green Apples and Golden Squash

Ingredients:

2 whole pork tenderloins
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
3 large Granny Smith apples cored and sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, one-inch cubes
2 teaspoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 ¾ cup vegetable broth.

Direction:
Pre-heat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
Drench pork with oil.
Sprinkle with black pepper.
Put pork in greased pan.
Put apple, squash, honey, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of broth in a large bowl.
Pour over pork in pan.
Bake 25 minutes until pork is cooked through.
Add squash mixture and bake squash 15 minutes more.
Gently stir remaining broth into squash.
Thinly slice the pork and arrange on platter with vegetables and serve!

There ya go Sketch!
Hey btw, there's a Pickerington Ohio that was founded by an Abraham Pickering. Cool.

I'd like to mention he was my 6th great-grandfather :)

[B said:
LPBeier[/B]]Dad had beef souvlaki, DH had chicken souvlaki, and I had their house special pizza and a salad. It was wonderful. Got pizza left for breakfast tomorrow....I like it cold!

I love souvlaki, the best I've had was in Tarpon Springs, Fl. Excellent stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom