What's for Dinner Thursday April 30th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
It's the last day of April....guess we're gonna get a lot of May flowers!:flowers:

I'm fixing an asparagus carrot soup with some type of bread..croutons, maybe, or garlic bread, or ww dinner roll

What are you serving?

I made biscuits for breakfast, so maybe I'll thaw a chicken breast and cook it with stock, onions, garlic, peas & carrots, sage/rosemary/thyme and salt & pepper. If I had any of those frozen O'Brien potatoes, I'd throw those in there, too. Thicken it all with a little roux and have it on the leftover biscuits.

It's the last day of April....guess we're gonna get a lot of May flowers!:flowers:

I'm fixing an asparagus carrot soup with some type of bread..croutons, maybe, or garlic bread, or ww dinner roll

What are you serving?

Asparagus carrot soup - that's a new one on me. Will you share the recipe?

I'm defrosting some leftover roast chicken and will make a chicken and rice casserole of some kind with veggies and cheese mixed in.

Asparagus carrot soup - that's a new one on me. Will you share the recipe?

yep, just finished putting it together....I got the idea from a raw carrot asparagus drink recipe I found on the 'net, couldn't find a cooked soup recipe..

Asparagus Carrot Soup

butter and olive oil
5 medium carrots
2 large onions
1 stalk celery
2 pounds trimmed asparagus but save the tips
1 quart poultry stock
2 cups milk
seasonings
1/2 cup sour cream/yogurt cheese/creme fraiche

Saute first the diced carrots, then add diced onions, then celery and after they have softened, add chopped asparagus. Cook at least 5 minutes. Add the poultry stock and milk, simmer a bit. Puree all in batches in food processor or blender. Add the sour cream to one batch of soup to puree. Return to heat and add asparagus tips.

When I reheat it tonight I will add more seasonings; maybe some cumin, or nutmeg, or Old Bay and more S&P.

Got any other ideas for seasoning?

Seems like it's a thawing/defrosting night...Following that theme...I am thawing a BBQed Chuck Roast from a couple of weeks ago. I BBQed two. The first one was delish so this one has promise of being good eats. Sides? I don't have a clue at the present...

Had a lengthy meeting with my financial planner late this morning. Whew!!! Then she took me to lunch and we ate at a wonderful Argentine restaurant. Fabulous food, atmosphere and service. Yes, Connie and Kim...it's the one where we enjoyed such a fantastic lunch.

We ate for what seemed like forever and I came home with half a beef sandwich and most of my dessert, so that's what I'll have tonight. I may not have to eat for a week.

I am baking sirloin tips with green onion, green pepper, mushrooms and seasonings (garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt-n-pepper). Then, I'm adding it to a jarred spaghetti sauce and having it over brown rice..... iceberg lettuce/ cabbage/ carrot salad (with italian dressing) to start things off.

I made blackened tilapia on the grill, with veggies grilled in the grill basket and Yakuta's wonderful roasted sweet potato recipe.
A low fat tin roof sundae for dessert.

ended up with bacon, fried egg and two blueberry muffins i made from scratch. super good muffins. i think i got rec. here but not sure. lots and lots of berries:pig:
yum.gif
YUM! I love blueberry muffins AND blueberries, themselves. What recipe did you use?

Back
Top Bottom