What's for dinner Thursday April 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner – Roast beef, burgundy gravy, steamed frozen mixed vegetables with fresh cauliflower (butter, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and TJ’s 21 seasoning salute) and garlic bread.

img_988115_0_992ff118c66c1f0579367ff43bc492d1.jpg

Yummy, as usual MsM.

The OTCs finally kicked in and I got the chicken legs cut up, bagged, and frozen except for a thigh. I thought I'd have a whole leg for dinner, but these were enormous!

7 legs to a 10# bag. The largest thigh looked to be too big for my appetite so I went with a smaller (in comparison) one. I shook it in some seasoned flour, dipped in egg, then shook it in some Panko. It's in the oven now.

I'll deal with the celery tomorrow.

Yummy, as usual MsM.

The OTCs finally kicked in and I got the chicken legs cut up, bagged, and frozen except for a thigh. I thought I'd have a whole leg for dinner, but these were enormous!

7 legs to a 10# bag. The largest thigh looked to be too big for my appetite so I went with a smaller (in comparison) one. I shook it in some seasoned flour, dipped in egg, then shook it in some Panko. It's in the oven now.

I'll deal with the celery tomorrow.
Thank you Z.

Alone tonight so had the last bowl of left over soft polenta and marinate sauce. Yum!

Ok, I meant Marinara sauce but apparently can't spell tonight and, for some reason, the edit button was not on my post. Goodness ...

Pea soup. Found a bag of split peas in the back of my pantry. Heaven knows how long they've been there! So decided to cook them up while it's still cool enough to enjoy them. Used ham hocks from my local grocery, though, and they aren't near as good as those from a neighboring town's butcher, but added some sage for a change and turned out good.

I had to go with plan B, after I came up with one.
Of course, Murphy was right beside me after I removed the pork and added a little more butter to the pan, then reached for the shrooms to slice some up... they were bad :mad:, so I grabbed a sweet onion insead. And for some reason capers and lemons weren't striking a cord with onions, but I had apples... so I quickly cut up two apples and threw them in as well. So instead of pork piccata I had this

Pork and gravy ;)

Attachments

• pork dinner 4-7-11.jpg
    pork dinner 4-7-11.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 186
I had to go with plan B, after I came up with one.
Of course, Murphy was right beside me after I removed the pork and added a little more butter to the pan, then reached for the shrooms to slice some up... they were bad :mad:, so I grabbed a sweet onion insead. And for some reason capers and lemons weren't striking a cord with onions, but I had apples... so I quickly cut up two apples and threw them in as well. So instead of pork piccata I had this

Pork and gravy ;)
Looks great PaC!!

Thanks msm, Thanks Z.
I'll be eating the same thing again today for lunch, lol.
I'd rather have an open faced sandwich with some of msm's roast beef and gravy though.

I deboned my rotisserie crockpot chicken yesterday and have lots of cooked chicken and broth to mess with:). Have lots of ideas, but nothing solid yet. Dh felt well enough to start out for TN this morning, so I am solo for a few days. I put the carcass in the freezer after realizing I had too much food in the frig right now. I was really hankering after a soup, cause dh can't do soups, but I will do tacos or enchaladas or something good.

What are you thinking about:chef:?

LOL, ended up having carrot cake with cream cheese icing:angel:

Pea soup. Found a bag of split peas in the back of my pantry. Heaven knows how long they've been there! So decided to cook them up while it's still cool enough to enjoy them. Used ham hocks from my local grocery, though, and they aren't near as good as those from a neighboring town's butcher, but added some sage for a change and turned out good.

I have a bag of peas in the pantry and a hambone in the freezer just waiting for the right day.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom