What's for dinner Thursday April 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I deboned my rotisserie crockpot chicken yesterday and have lots of cooked chicken and broth to mess with:). Have lots of ideas, but nothing solid yet. Dh felt well enough to start out for TN this morning, so I am solo for a few days. I put the carcass in the freezer after realizing I had too much food in the frig right now. I was really hankering after a soup, cause dh can't do soups, but I will do tacos or enchaladas or something good.

What are you thinking about:chef:?

...What are you thinking about:chef:?

Well, when I cut that pork loin roast in half lengthwise the other night, for the stuffed roast I made, I sliced the leftover hunk into slices with pork piccata in mind. They are in the freezer now, but I just might head to the store today for some mushrooms and a lemon and pull them out.

I took some cod out of the freezer. Not sure how I'll cook it yet. We'll have rice and some green veggie. I think I have broccoli in the freezer. If not, it'll be green beans or peas.

Probably pasta, salad and garlic bread.

Breakfast – Hot roast beef and burgundy gravy on French bread. Hot gravy put on both sides of the bread, and then cold roast beef added. Microwave covered for 30 seconds just till bread is soft and steamy.

img_987889_0_4911567b70a618389cb3198d7a80f879.jpg

Ugh. Just working on my first cup of coffee and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. You eastern folks are way too chipper already. ;)

I'm either going to leave some taco filling or chicken fajitas for my family. There are some tortillas that are going to be stale and nasty if they don't get used up. I think there is one daughter heading to work tonight, and I have an evening shift as well. Could be tortilla pizzas if I don't get myself moving and make something.

Drrrrooooool. So delicious looking and me without having breakfast. Cruel.

I'll trade you a cup of coffee....?

images.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL!! Yes did you do that yourself?

Thank you Z. No I won't trade BUT I will share a sandwich and a cup with you.

No, I'd love to be that talented though. FrankZ's first comment to me as a Mod, was "Where's my coffee!", so I sent a virtual coffee - {{{{{Hot Coffee}}}}. Of course I got ribbed for no cup, so I went looking for a logo or something cute and stumbled onto some pictures like this.

Too cool not to share.

Thanks, MSM good deal.

We're both trying to think of something for supper.

DH made brunch and discovered that we only had two slices of bacon defrosted. So, he fried up the Chinese sausages we bought as an experiment. They were still awful. :yuk: If something can't be improved by frying with bacon, well, 'nuff said. They are in the garbage. The cat didn't want them either.

The eggs and toast were good, as was the one piece of bacon each :LOL:

Jerked chicken quarters, again. Gonna do them up on the gas bbq. I preheat on high for 15 minutes, then put the chicken on and turn down to low heat. They take about an hour, flipping every 10-15 minutes. I have a smoker box that I fill with trimmings from my mother's apple tree. Trying to think of something funky to serve them with. Probably try some kind of potato on the grill.

Jerked chicken quarters, again. Gonna do them up on the gas bbq. I preheat on high for 15 minutes, then put the chicken on and turn down to low heat. They take about an hour, flipping every 10-15 minutes. I have a smoker box that I fill with trimmings from my mother's apple tree. Trying to think of something funky to serve them with. Probably try some kind of potato on the grill.

Sweet potato wedges!;)

Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I prefer green beans with porcupine meatballs, but I think we are out, so maybe frozen mixed vegetables. :cool:

Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I prefer green beans with porcupine meatballs, but I think we are out, so maybe frozen mixed vegetables. :cool:

Mmmm I love Porcupine meatballs!!!

I am going to grill some cube steaks for dinner. I might have mine as a burger with some melted Swiss cheese.

I'm thinking of a whole chicken leg with some panko breading baked in the oven with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

A Gordon's gin 'appetizer' / palate cleanser followed by a Salisbury steak, topped with fried onions and mushrooms; mashed potatoes, and steamed spinach. Maybe some tapioca pudding with heavy cream for desert later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom