What's for dinner Thursday Aug 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
When I make creamed turkey, I make about one gallon of the stuff...so, creamed turkey;) over toast again. Need to do something different with the sweet potatoes, they were rather bland last night, even with butter and s&p....or are fresh sweet potatoes usually lacking in flavor? Will try to oven roast them tonight.

What are you fixing?

Mildly spicy chicken pasta in a creamy chipotle sauce sprinkled with corn, basil and some artichoke :)

More chicken broth and rice, having some GI problems and need nourishment, but don't want to push it.

DH made himself some sloppy joes.

Odds and ends tonight. We went out on a day trip to Rockport and had a filling lunch. Not too hungry.

"Tomato Pie" tonight.

Had lots of ripe tomatoes, so threw something together.

Peeled ripe tomatoes, sliced, salted and left to drain in a colander for a couple hrs.......boy were they juicy!
Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
sliced green and white onions
grated cheddar cheese, and some fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Layered all of the above in a bacon greased cast iron skillet.
I beat up some eggs with some Greek yogurt and milk, some fresh basil and poured it over the top. Half way through the cooking I sprinkled on some well buttered Panko bread crumbs till they got golden and toasty.
OH YEAH!!:chef:

"Tomato Pie" tonight.

Had lots of ripe tomatoes, so threw something together.

Peeled ripe tomatoes, sliced, salted and left to drain in a colander for a couple hrs.......boy were they juicy!
Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
sliced green and white onions
grated cheddar cheese, and some fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Layered all of the above in a bacon greased cast iron skillet.
I beat up some eggs with some Greek yogurt and milk, some fresh basil and poured it over the top. Half way through the cooking I sprinkled on some well buttered Panko bread crumbs till they got golden and toasty.
OH YEAH!!:chef:

That sounds wonderful!!! I used to bake tomato quiches, I need to do that again! But, your way!:ROFLMAO:

Fried chicken livers, chicken pan gravy, chickeny rice, corn muffins, & black-eyed peas (with a little Mrs. Renfroe's Hot ChowChow). Don't even want to know the cholesterol count!

Oh boy, I'm here to tell ya Fiona, that thick layer of well buttered Panko bread crumbs on the top, all crispy and golden, hit it right outa the ball park.
;)

So sorry you're not feeling well.

I copied and pasted it for later.:)

Thank you!

Indian spiced cauliflower, chickpeas, and green peas with sauteed garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes etc., over brown rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom