What's for Dinner Thursday Dec 8/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Immaculate conception day. My nephew's birthday. I have not a single clue what to make for dinner. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to plan meals when I don't know who will be home for dinner, or when they will BE home. With all the lessons, work schedules its getting tough to make a meal. I have exhausted my stock of make ahead and keep warm items. I'd like to just have a sit down meal.

OK, enough venting. Sorry. Tonight will be chicken, I'm thinking either cornflake chicken or garlic parmesan chicken. I haven't decided on sides or a salad yet.

SO will be working late the next two nights so I ran out and picked up the fixins for Cuban sandwiches. That's tonight's dinner. I'll be roasting the pork now then prep the sandwiches a little closer to her arrival and get the Griddler ready so when she comes home all I have to do is put the sandwiches on the grill and cook them while she relaxes with a drink.

Something with ground beef. I'm thinking of this casseroley thing with mushrooms, peppers, celery, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, covered in a biscuit topping. Or, maybe some Swedish meatballs....

If my pork loin cubes thaw in time we will be having sweet and sour pork, jasmine rice and salad. If not it will be a dinner salad (greens, raw broccoli, mushroom caps, black olives) tossed with homemade dressing and topped with tuna and hard boiled eggs. Either way dessert will be homemade rice pudding (got it done this morning can't wait to try it).

Sunday came early this week, much to my surprise (thanks for the heads up, Frank).
Tonight Cleveland is playing Pittsburgh on Thursday night football. My personal pigskin challenge is focusing on the sandwich the 'Burgh is known for... and has been featured quite a bit on various food shows... The Primanti Bros Cheesesteak!

Tonight is bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, steamed zucchini, applesauce. A single Dove square for dessert. I'm trying with the sugar thing.

busy decorating rest of house for christmas. so a quick dinner, is called for tonight. roast beef, cheese, whole california chilies on rye bread., grill it and yeah dinner.

SO will be working late the next two nights so I ran out and picked up the fixins for Cuban sandwiches. That's tonight's dinner. I'll be roasting the pork now then prep the sandwiches a little closer to her arrival and get the Griddler ready so when she comes home all I have to do is put the sandwiches on the grill and cook them while she relaxes with a drink.
YUM. That really sounds appetizing!

I wish I had the energy to make something like that. I'm moving kinda slow today. Dinner is going to be something with ground beef and pasta.

I changed my mind. I have to use up a tomato, so I'm making BLT's.

Last edited:
I am making butter chicken (indian) and some rice. Yum. I love my new Indian cookbook.

Did some Costco and health food store shopping, so I'm kinda pooped. I picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco, so we will have that. If I get a bit of energy there will be potatoes and salad. If no energy, then just some whole wheat baguette (also from Costco) with some evoo & balsamic vinegar to dip it in.

butter chicken sounds good too.. lol

I bought some 3-bean salad. Do you think that goes okay with a BLT? I was going to get some before, but I didn't think it paired well with the sandwich.

butter chicken sounds good too.. lol

I bought some 3-bean salad. Do you think that goes okay with a BLT? I was going to get some before, but I didn't think it paired well with the sandwich.

That sounds good to me!!:yum:

I put a medium size pot of Chili with Beans on to simmer. I haven't added the pintos yet. Can't wait for dinner. Ice cream for dessert later.

Leftover fritatta, and the last of the Costco Paisley Farms 4 bean salad. :(

With all the talk of Pimento Cheese around here, I finally made some for the very first time. I just couldn't imagine what all the fuss was about, and why so many southerners rave about their PC. Now I know.......Steve and I have polished off practically the whole recipe this afternoon, so we don't need any dinner. :LOL:
Holy cow........that stuff is GOOD

Back
Top Bottom