What's for dinner Thursday, Dec. 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
only if there's no snow, and you keep running over a stack of styrofoam cups for effect, ronjohn!
actually, that might be fun.

Note to self, check for styrofoam cups at the house... :angel:

John

sizzles said:
Just checked flights from Geneva, a bit too expensive.I hope you have a great night out. Next time, let us all in DC know well in advance :LOL: I love margaritas.If I had tequila in the house I would be making one now.

I am serious with this question. :rolleyes: Do you need me to send you some Tequila? I can get it anywhere here and maybe there, in Geneva, you can't. It'd be my pleasure, all you have to do is say "yes, I'd love it"........let me know......you can PM me if it's a yes that way I can find out where to send it.:ROFLMAO:

This place the hubby and I go to have really good margies. Only problem is they're that good so I am temped to sometimes go for a second. <<Big problem. I can't do that......:wacko: talk about tipsy:wacko: ........OML:mrgreen:

ronjohn55 said:
Looks like it's spagetti and meatballs for us - perfect complement to the red wine antifreeze!! :ROFLMAO:

PS - If I drink a bunch of antifreeze before going out later to clear the walkways, can I be cited for operating a snowblower under the influence? :angel:

John

Pay Attention and Use Common Sense
Though snowthrowers (and other power equipment) do pose a hazard when used improperly, the potential for injury can be greatly reduced by following some common sense rules and by being aware of possible risks.
  1. When starting your snowthrower, be sure that the drive system is in "Neutral" and that the auger is NOT engaged.
  2. Avoid wearing loose clothing and secure extra-long hair safely under a warm hat or cap.
  3. Should your snowthrower intake or discharge chute become clogged, never attempt to clear out the clog with the engine running or the impeller turning. Never! Shut the snowthrower off, wait for any moving parts to stop, remove the spark plug wire, and use a stick or broom handle to clear out the chute. After the chute is cleared, remove the stick, replace the spark plug wire and restart the machine.
  4. If you are using an electric-powered snowthrower, pay careful attention to where the power cord is at all times. Running over the cord could lead to serious injury from electric shock.
  5. Never leave the snowthrower unattended while it's running. If you are going to be away from the controls for more any length of time shut the snowthrower off.
  6. When possible, plan your snowthrowing for daylight hours when visibility and light are the best. When operating the snowthrower during dusk, evening, or in low-visibility conditions, use extra caution to avoid accidents. Many snowthrowers come with or can be fitted with headlights to provide extra lighting.
  7. Do not wear earphones or listen to music when snowblowing. If you choose to wear ear protection to reduce the noise of your snowthrower, stay alert and keep your eyes open. You may not be able to hear a car horn or someone shouting.
  8. Never operate your snowthrower while under the influence of alcohol, powerful medication, or drugs or if you're feeling tired and drowsy. Even over-the-counter cold & flu medicines may impair your ability to safely operate your snowthrower. If you're impaired, don't drive anything more powerful than a shovel!

good advice, Ken. I will make sure Handy Husband knows all this before he goes out tomorrow to wrestle with the road while I am tucked cosily inside on the couch eating bonbons.

Going out to eat! Little one's Christmas play is this evening, so I am treating her afterwards! Have a good evening!

shannon in KS said:
Going out to eat! Little one's Christmas play is this evening, so I am treating her afterwards! Have a good evening!
Oh Shannon, that sounds like a lot of fun...Just went to hear our granddaughters perform in the churchschool Christmasprogram...Those little guys just make your heart squeeze with love...They are so cute...My girls are 10 and 12 but they still bring a tear to my eyes when I see them sing or dance or ride in one of the horse shows...
Tell your little one to smile pretty :LOL: I didn't want to tell her to break a leg, she might not understand:LOL:

kadesma

Decided to make a good meal for a change..So we're having pork chops with mushroom sauce, mashed garlic potatoes, escarole with avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes evoo and balsamic salad, hot sour dough rolls and some peas with butter and tiny pearl onions...No dessert, we are going out to help Santa and pick up some toys:LOL:

kadesma

OH boy Dina, got room for another person?:LOL: I love tamales and am toying with the idea of making some myself..I've been told I'm nutz, but I still want to give it a try...:)

kadesma

All better!!

SierraCook said:
DC, try the link below.

http://southernfood.about.com/library/recipes/blpage10d.htm

For dinner tonight I am making Chinese pepper steak over brown rice.

I fixed the link above, DC. No more red velvet cake recipe. That was a strange thing. The computer gremlins must have been at work. :LOL: So, did you do the skewer thing with your ham and brave the elements to use the grill?

Last edited:
HB is working 2nd shift, so I feed him his big meal at noon. I pulled a ziplock of ham'n beans out of the freezer today, made a little pan of cornbread, and it went great with 3" of snow we got today. It's bitter cold out, supposed to get down in the single digits tongiht. I'm fine and cozy, but poor hubby has to get out in it.
He's still going deer hunting in the morning, but he said he'd probably spend a lot of time in his truck.
My beloved will be home tomorrow night, so I'm trying to decide what warm, stick-to-your-ribs type of food I should make for him. I mentioned potato soup or clam chowder, and I didn't get much of reaction from him.
Maybe it's time for a big dish of spaghetti or Texas More.

ronjohn55 said:
No snow yet!! :mad:

Dinner's ready though! :mrgreen:
John

lol :LOL:

drink up and get out the shovel!!!

i ended up grilling the teryaki tilapia with pineapple chunks on skewers, and also grilling a spice rubbed london broil. the potatoes and mayan sweet onions were tossed in evoo, s&p, and fresh rosemary, and baked. everything came out fantastic, but my neighbors kept looking at me out their windows since it was 10pm and only 25 degrees outside, and i was in shorts and a fleece (and my petzl.)

Last edited:
Here you go ronjohn....a REAL Canadian snowblower....:)

Attachments

• blower1.jpg
    blower1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 221
Ken said:
Here you go ronjohn....a REAL Canadian snowblower....:)

Thanks Ken! That probably will get much better traction than the one I have with racing slicks on it!

Of course, they really need to do something about that big differential right in the front there - That's gonna create way too much drag to be effective! (Automotively speaking...)

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom