Whats for Dinner, Thursday, Jan 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is cold and I'm craving comfort foods.. so.. eggs, bacon, homefries, and toast. And I'm seriously considering a big mug of hot cocoa to go along with it.

I'm going to pan-sear some boneless pork chops, roast some potatoes and cook some corn on the cob. mmmmm

I made some Yumm! sauce this weekend (a Eugene phenomenon). It's kind of a tangy, chickpea sauce that is very aptly named. It is truly Yumm! So, I'll have brown rice, black beans and yumm sauce garnished with avocado, pico de gallo, olives and cilantro.

I made baked chicken breasts stuffed with feta, mixed veggies, Greek salad and I've got a little apple crisp in the oven for dessert.

salsa chicken( really have to eat, can't stay around much longer) acorn squash, and some pasta in sauce(white) later half of the muffins i made yesterday. to big to eat it all at one sitting.

leftover beef stroganoff for Mark

I had a piece of bologna (went shopping after work and had to nibble while I put everything way).

Not sure if I'm going to have anything else or not.

Whoa, I'm full. I made about the best vegetable-beef soup I've ever made. Turned out great and there's tons left to put in the freezer. Made some cornbread to go with. My tummy's full and I'm comfortable in the recliner with a kitty on my lap.

Whoa, I'm full. I made about the best vegetable-beef soup I've ever made. Turned out great and there's tons left to put in the freezer. Made some cornbread to go with. My tummy's full and I'm comfortable in the recliner with a kitty on my lap.

you still know how you did it? ;)

That sounds lovely Cara!! I fancy making some fresh flat bread tomorrow. I let you know guys how it turns out.

Yep. I cubed about 2 pounds of beef. Dredged it in flour and browned it in olive oil. Salted and peppered it as I browned it. Added 1 large onion (coarsely chopped), 3 russet potatoes with skins (in large cubes), 3 carrots cut in chunks, about 3 or 4 ribs of celery cut in chunks, and several cloves of minced garlic. Added enough water to cover, a handful of barley and a can of diced tomatoes with juice. Threw in some parsley and thyme, checked for salt. Let the whole thing simmer until everything was super tender. Then I added a huge handful of frozen Italian green beans and another handful of frozen corn. Simmered until the beans were tender.

It filled my 10-quart Dutch oven, so there's plenty for leftovers.

Made skillet cornbread to go with it. I'm looking forward to reruns tonight.

Back
Top Bottom