Whats for Dinner, Thursday, Jan 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Yea... I get to start the thread again!!!

So what you having? I don't know what I'm having yet!!!

That does sound good Miss Katie.... I'm thinking I will be making Buck's favorite soup here this weekend!!

Hmmmm... pork chops sauted, then simmered in chicken broth for a bit. Make some pork chop gravy and smashed taters!

Not really... (my mom use to make this and was always a fav of mine), I just season some chops with salt and pepper, and maybe some garlic (I usually use McCormick's garlic pepper) and brown in a pan with a little bit of oil. Once all the chops are browned, I add them back in the pan and pour in enough water or chicken stock to cover the chops and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove chops and add a slurry of flour and water (about 3 T of flour and enough water to make it flowable). Pour that in your broth slowly and simmer till it gets thick. Then serve this over your pork chops and mashed taters. Wonderful comfort food!

Oh yea... DH will not even let me make something like that without some good corn bread to go with!!

Tonight it's fettuccine with creamy tomato italian sausage sauce. Not my own invention. This is one of the great recipes off the Simply Recipes blog. Along with that will be a small salad of mixed greens with sherry-shallot vinaigrette. These are a couple of my wife's favorite things and I'm trying to cheer her up - just started a new job and it's weighing heavy on her.

I'm going to try to go bowling tonight. I'll make poor man's dish for dh and ds. (ground meat, pasta, onions, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasonings and spaghetti sauce) what some call goulash. I'll have bar food and beer!

Barb

I am going to make that beer can chicken tonight no matter what!! Paul will just have to eat it warmed up ... these late night meetings are getting SILLLLLY!!!!!

It's ALL THE WAY up to -10 now!!!
WOOHOO!!

Pot roast, and attempt #2 at sparkle-free baguette.
I usually do the roast in the crockpot but I like the idea of running the oven and stove better today!

I wanted to make Spinach-Ricotta-Tortellini with a Tomatoe-Ricotta-Sauce... we just watched a food program and they made potatoe gratin, so Frank decided he MUST have potatoe gratin NOW.. we ended up ordering at the delivery, a potatoe gratin with chicken breast and a hot beef pizza for me... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom